e mërkurë, 16 prill 2008

Calls, Concerts and Conferences..

Ok, there has to be an end to this constant roller coaster ride...called work...yesterday there were two conference calls one was 2 hours long! and I ended up driving to Bangor between them, to help out with an AFES case, ended up getting a fire call and I honestly don't remember what else..and then on the way home I get a call that the fire client lost...LOST the debit card! So I start to head back to the Ellsworth office to activate another one...just as I get to town, they call from Presque Isle to say he found it!! Good thing..I was heading home to pick up Tyler for a concert back in Ellsworth.

Jefferson Starship, which should have just renamed themselves (again!) Jefferson Airplane, because that's the music they did...and quite well...played at the little old Grand Auditorium in Ellsworth Maine. A friend and I took our two teenagers who seemed to just love it. There was a female singer who apparently had the role of Janis Joplin off Broadway and she did Grace Slick like nobody's business. She was worth the concert alone...one of the original members..looking like an old hippie straight out of Haight Ashbury had the audience roaring over his Catholic and Pope jokes...all in all an entertaining evening.

Speaking of which...the diva daughter calls during Conference call #3 this morning and says she is behind a barricade waiting for "his emminence" to drive by in the Pope mobile! An hour or so later I get a picture on my cell phone of the Pope in his little car driving by! So funny, we were in DC the day he was elected, on the campus of Catholic University..that was a trip..all of a sudden it was innundated with Press etc...almost three years ago exactly!

So tommorow I get a quick trip out of town for a conference on Friday on the clinical aspects of emergency preparedness, like how to treat patients with chemical, WMD or biological exposures!
Great breakfast topics!! Get home on Friday afternoon sometime and We head back down to Portland for the weekend on Saturday! Oh well I am not driving....
Thats it from the Ellsworth office today...ARC girl

Nuk ka komente: