e hënë, 21 prill 2008

TM 4/19/08

Do All the Good you Can
By All the Means you Can
In All the Ways you Can
In All the Places you Can
At All the Times you Can
To All the People you Can
As Long as Ever you Can

-John Wesley 1791


All I can say.... after Saturday April 19th, and responding to a fire that resulted in the death of a
12 year old boy, his father the fire chief air lifted to Portland, and a large extended family dealing with their losses, and the complicated scene before them.

This work is hard at times, but I can honestly say that was truly the most complicated and difficult scene I will probably see in a long while. Jean Dickson was my right arm, and did an exceptional job for her first case...the fire departments really leaned on us to take care of certain aspects of the day...and we all functioned exceptionally within the chaos. Everything I have ever learned or read probably came into play. There is much more to do on this case, but for now ..

Enough is Enough...

ARC girl

3 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

I couldn't help but think of you when I heard of this horrible catastrophic fire...I wondered if you somehow had to become "involved" even though you were not even in town... hoped you got a break from it all, in some sort of manner, even if you had to deal with it all when you got back home.....I was absolutely horrified and obviously touched by the whole thing, as I am sure everyone in this state was...CANNOT imagine....and don't EVER want to. Nuff said! See MY blog re the kids I had in school who decided that life wasn't "sacred" enough....

Unknown tha...

I hope that you are taking care of yourself in the middle of all this. A fatal fire is always devastating but especially when a child is involved. I'm glad that Jean was such a great help to you. My thoughts are with you as you continue to deal with this tragedy. ARC is lucky to have you.

Gretchen O'G tha...

Kimmie I hate to tell you...I was there..I was the responder along with Jean for the chapter. The hardest case ever..and the saddest.

Super sib #1