e martë, 9 shtator 2008

I'm BAAAAAACK.......maybe!

So where has ARC GIRL been you ask??...Well lets see, the last day she blogged July 24..about 5 days later she got a phone call..5;30 am, downtown Northeast Harbor...on fire...Main Street, at least 3 buildings, apartments many homeless. out of control....ARC girls home town.

I drove over, got thru the barricades, parked the car and walked over hoses and past companys of trucks and men to find the chiefs of the operation, They were at the rear end of the buildings that were still completely engulfed. At least 18 homeless they said..not sure of whereabouts...

Hours later I had processed over 22 people, Hillary had come down, and then left, 14 Russian national students had been re housed. The State had been notified there would be documentation issues and I had started to help different organizations set up relief funds, centers and central contact places. It is now September and I am still picking up bits and pieces from this disaster. The home town girl just couldn't be allowed to get away....it was one of the most rewarding yet difficult disasters to date. I did PR, I did fundraising, I did foreign diplomacy and government liasion work, I did chapter health and client case work, I did disaster mental health and psychological first aid and most of all I gave back to a place that gave me alot growing up.

Thank god for Hurricane Season, so I could get out of Northeast Harbor!! Gustav, Hanna, Ike, and Josephine have wreaked havoc with my one week vacation and all the weekends in between as I deploy people and the ERV's to the south. Then the storms think about heading north and everyone up this way wants a volunteer, an ERV, a red cross!! Its the job you love to hate sometimes!!

Then there are the back to school duties..Ty in Ellsworth, JV soccer team, practices etc. Caroline back to DC, life is never dull. Believe me I can run circles around Sarah Palin!!
And quite frankly...The ARC girl is more qualified than her to be a heart beat away from the Presidency! I know CPR!!

3 komente:

deedeesu tha...

hahahahahahahaha!!!!! That last line is a keeper! :)

Unknown tha...

Glad to see that you're still alive. I check your blog every day at least once, and I was getting worried! You and Hillary absolutely amaze me! Do I know how to pick em or what?

deedeesu tha...

omg, where are you now? did you have to deploy more people because of Ike? I can't believe how massive this storm is.