e martë, 30 shtator 2008

Updates from me!

Hey less than a month and I am posting again....scary!! Things have actually quieted down at work, now that its "officially" fire season and we are getting at least one a day. NOT like this summer when entire villages burnt down, or major apartment complexes, or giant hurricanes as in 4 at a time hit the gulf! I mean really, what's a fire a day compared to all that?

This weekend was a little interesting as an unnamed storm on Thursday all of a sudden decided it needed to form into a Hurricane named Kyle on Friday and head north! Nice! It was a good exercise. Things that had been on my mind to do... like cleaning out the old shelter kits and redoing them..done! Labeling the new cots..done! Getting that order of comfort kits in....done!
Printing off the new forms and shelter handbooks...done! We were ready. Alot of volunteers put themselves on standby. The two affected EMA directors were great to work with, lots of calls and communication, and in the end, nothing to do...but it was good to have a few things in order.

Ty very busy with Soccer. Games or practices take up my afternoon schedule. Show choir and band going well also. Pep band has played at a couple of the games..funny to see the JV's get off the field grab their instruments and go play for the varsity game!

Oktoberfest this weekend...hope the weather is nice. I have alot to do between now and Saturday and little time to do it! good thing I can do this party with my eyes closed mostly!

Well before I fall asleep....good night everyone ARC Girl

Nuk ka komente: