e martë, 5 shkurt 2008

Tuesday

Well I really didnt want to write anything yesterday knowing half of New England was in mourning over the Patriots. So I have given everyone a day to get over it..and hopefully you all have..everyone who knows me closely knows I am not a Bill Belichick fan, but he really should have stuck with the tattered grey sweatshirt I guess! Do feel for Brady though!

Speaking of other competitions my son, reluctantly was in the Union spelling bee last night. He didnt even tell me had made it until one night at 10:30 pm. He made it thru 8 rounds and ended up 4th one shy of placing which is just exactly where he wanted to be...he wanted no part of having to go to the next level..the County bee! Besides this is Tournament week for Coastal league Basketball and he wants to have blue striped hair by Thursday...after all what is more important??!! I am not sure I am going to let him match his hair to his uniform, ugh!

Yesterday my job consisted of Flu..Pandemic and otherwise. I spent the morning on a conference call about a Pandemic exercise going on later in the month. Then Bangor called with a request for a press release about flu and cold season. So finished up and as I was just leaving Ellsworth my phone rang and a very weak voice said...Mom! It was Caroline she had been in the school clinic for 4 hours with a 103 fever, body aches, fainted, ear infection,etc etc. They think she has the real thing sent her home with antibiotics, tamiflu etc. Of course with her asthma she is supposed to get the flu shot every year and I harped but to no avail this year!
Talked to her today and she didn't sound quite as weak, but its hard being the Mom thousands of miles away!

Took almost an hour to drive in this morning in the snow someone forgot to send me the memo about! Now its kinda freezing rain or something for the ride home and I actually did pay attention to the weather for tommorow...like more of the same! HOW nice! Maybe I will give up Winter for lent! Ash Wednesday is tommorow does that work??
ARC Girl

3 komente:

Unknown tha...

There is NOTHING SHORT OF ACTUAL DEATH that is worse than having a sick child and not being able to get to them. Mine had mono during her first year at college. I called her twenty times a day, but it just wasn't like being there! Hope both of you feel better soon.

Kym in the Gym tha...

As for the giving up Winter for Lent...WORKS FOR ME!!! I am sick of this already, and really, we are only half way through it!

deedeesu tha...

Care is in an exclusive - and growing - club. Meghan has the flu, after first being diagnosed with a cold, then a respiratory virus and now after a third visit to the doctor's office (after more than a week of sounding and looking like hell), finally the "influenza virus." I'm disinfecting anything and everything. Yuck.