e mërkurë, 3 tetor 2007

I know you are all wondering...

I was hoping to be real smart and put a nice picture of Oktoberfest on my website but ... well work got in the way. I did bring the pictures on Monday to disaster staff meeting..but couldn't seem to get beyond that. In any case...the weather was perfect, the food was great, people were everywhere including under the tent in the evening eating....the weather was that good!!
Keg was emptied, bonfire ended the evening and I was exhausted. By Sunday afternoon the backyard looked like nothing had ever happened. It really was a great day...lots of people in costume, warm weather and what more could you ask for?

Short week for me, I leave Friday for DC, Caroline is in her mainstage production Friday night.
There is a faculty, department and cast reception afterwards that we are invited to. So should be exciting and fun. Just bought her the broadway cd of the Fantastiks per her request. She has alot of music to learn for that show. But the part is right up her alley. In anycase I can't wait to see her..

Lots of Ty's soccer still going on, really leading that team. Doesn't seem to bored with school. Mrs Arendt has him doing a project...putting together a soundtrack for scenes from Tale of Two Cities by Dickens. ( he picks 8 or 10 scenes and then picks the music to accompany them and explain why he chose that piece) If that isn't an interesting use of his time I don't know what is. He has had to use only musical pieces too, nothing with lyrics in it...so he's had to go through the entire music collection at home. Basically pulling off straight a's otherwise. Taking Algebra I this year so he'll be ahead in High school.

Going to my neigbors book reading tonight. A year ago, my colleagues will remember, I was going to the hospital to take care of her and her husband after they were in a terrible car accident. She was married to the famous photographer Walker Evans at one time and has written a memoir on that time period which is just coming out.

So now that you are all caught up with my ever exciting (yeah right) life..you can all get on with yours...by the way...why hasn't Dominick Deirdre Dunne filled us in on Britneys mother of the year awards? Go Sox!! Yeah Barboza baseball rocks!!!

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Was wondering where the heck you have been all week...haha