e enjte, 18 tetor 2007

What day is it?

I have been so busy for days and out of the office for most of them that I am not sure what day it is....for the sake of this post its Thursday and I have done a weekend institute, a trip to Augusta, a day in Bangor including dealing with the car dealership and repairs and an evening annual meeting, I am so tired at night its unreal. My husband and I talk on the phone!
Tommorow the United States Marine Band will be in Ellsworth and of course yours truly is involved with that one....music boosters at the high school... this of course involves a total shut down of the building by 3pm, bomb sniffing dogs and lockdowns of certain exits and then security security security! Now two years ago we had the navy band but they are not the Presidents official band so I guess thats what the hullaballo is about.. Almost couldnt get my favorite store...Walmart to donate a few cases of water..can you believe it? Walmart the red white and blue store turning down water for the Presidents USMC band. I am sure that corporate HQ would have loved that one...fortunately someone came to their senses and I was given a gift card this morning for 25.00. The marine band only comes to Maine every 3 years and rarely plays in a small venue such as Ellsworth, ussually Maine Center for the Arts but they are closed this season for renovations. I was hoping that maybe I could call corporate and get the music boosters a big "we're so sorry donation" from Walmart if the water didn't come through. (of course someone would probably have been fired for that and I wouldnt have wanted that...its their own corporate policies that make these employee make these senseless decisions in the first place. The poor guy was following the rules..he had no more donated supply money for the month!)

The weekend was full of thrills and chills...lots of fun with my ARC colleagues from around the state at a mini institute held by our chapter so we did the teaching...but it is still nice to see everyone. Sunday was interesting though..I had a large group of African Americans in a client case work class who were there for political reasons rather than the class and ended up walking out en mass during the class .... upset with ARC policies? FEMA? I am not sure they sure had alot to argue about and finally just left. It was a little disturbing...ok alot disturbing to have 10 blacks get up and walk out (on cue..I think) all at once. Unfortunately I work for a very public agency and not without controversy so it was my first experience with what can happen. I have been taught well though and I did what I have been taught and stayed on course as best I could ( thankyou Pat , Ginny Lynn and Suzan for those skills).

Tuesday was a conference in Augusta that I quite frankly was not looking forward to as it was supposed to be a disaster mental health workshop and they have all been "the same" but this was excellent!!!! The speaker was actually ( for the first time) from the Red Cross, and worked at 9/11 and Katrina among other disasters and really gave a good workshop on supervision for
alot of areas not just mental health.

Wednesday my car finnally went in, Don has been on my case and quite frankly it has been acting up....so 200plus dollars later and a transmission fluids replacement and some other work and I have to admit it is running alot better. This meant the day in Bangor, did not bother going back to Ellsworth, by the time the car was ready, the annual meeting was at 5pm. So worked up there, helped with programs, etc. Pat was moaning about having to be a warm body at the meeting when Suzan presented him with a dozen roses and his 15 yr pin..that was pretty good.

So that gets me to today...which is Thursday...hmmm....functioning level not quite there today...
piles of stuff from the weekend and week around me and I cant think of what to do with it all.
This will be the first night home at a reasonable hour in days...so maybe tommorow I can accomplish something. Like find my desk!

If Sib #2 is reading this she better change the picture of that cat on her blog...or I am deleting her from my favorites list. Sib #3 needs entertainment the least you can do is provide!!
As for the sox....what a bunch ... no can pitch beyond the 4th inning and no one except 3 can hit...
PAAAAAthetic. Message for Sib #3 EHS beat MDI at MDI the last game of the season....
cant you just hear...go grEEEENeee. Double overtime win over JB have to play Caribou Friday.
And thats the sports report...

Until next time...

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Oh my God...laughing my tired little a-- off here at 12:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. Must have been interesting...the walk out I mean...wow, can't wait to hear that one.
I read MDI lost to EHS in the paper that next morning, but honestly, forgot about that lady and the C'mon Greeeeen line...til now!!! You cracked me up! As for Sib#2...I concur...blog already! We want to hear something of your feelings about the upcoming, or should I say "impending" trip!!!! haha
FYI...I am walking! In a boot at only 90degrees, but was told "lose the crutches" when you can...I DID!
I couldn't do it Thursday when he made the adjustment as it was too early and sore from the adjustment, but Friday, I didn't go to work (too tired frankly), and am now able to move without the damn metal legs!!! Yea for Kim Cadaver!!!