e diel, 27 maj 2007

Disaster training

Well I am sitting in my office on a Sunday waiting for the Ellsworth PD to arrive after getting here to activate a CAC because my stupid computer would not work..and found the door on one side pushed in but the dead bolt still out on the other. NICE!!! not!

Our internal office was still locked but none the less a little disconcerting. So "disaster Czarina" as they have been calling me all weekend had n0 calls all day yesterday until 6pm when fires started popping up across Maine. Two at 5 minutes apart and several counties apart. I couldnt believe it. One was just down the road from Pat, around the corner to be exact..but the boy had too many guiness' or so he says to respond, but said "Huh..thats why my street is blocked off." Duh! The other was in Palmyra and was going to be a complicated case due to 24h O2 for one of the victims. By the time I got to them on the phone they had been taken care of. I said by who?
They said the Red Cross! I said I am the Red Cross! Well come to find out they are out of our jurisdiction. We had no volunteers not one that was answering phones in either area. So I did the front work and Lynn, who had already had a bad day with a teacher not showing up for a booked class (CPR FA) said she would see them in the morning. Then when she called to day to have the card activated the "stupid" computer did not open the file. GRRRRRRRRRR. so an
unplanned trip to Ellsworth where I find the door broken in.

So the cops looked around everything is now secure and I will go home and see the new tractor Don purchased to mow the lawn...finnally! I don't know why its taken this long to get a riding mower but Ty will definetely be happy with this one!

Disaster Czarina signing off until next time

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Nice....you mean tell me NO ONE heard anything in the night at the office? What the heck do the Ellsworth PD do all night and day...besides visit Dunkin Donuts I mean!!!!
Hope the "lawn jockey" enjoys his new "horse"!!

*see my blog site...