e mërkurë, 9 maj 2007

Tying up the loose ends..

So this is a fairly normal week so far! I have gotten thru some stacks of paper in my office and all the emails and I am closing in on all the loose ends. If I could just loose this darn headache. I have pretty well determined its probably allergy related. Then I get the migraine and it becomes a vicious circle..so I better get an appointment in my free time. I will be going on my third week of this continuous head pain if I don't.

Talked to the Exec. Director to change two of my days back to 1/2 days. The 10-3 days although technically a part time job were not part time days. I was getting nothing done on either end. So if I am not to be full time I need some half days. Plus I have another class coming up this summer. Some one in their infinite wisdom only teaches the Grant writing class for Non profit mgmt. in the summer. And of course they don't teach it during the early summer session May June..they teach it during the best part of summer July/August. I have put it off for two summers and I have to get it done. Then just one more class to complete the program as is unless I want the advanced degree. Its so costly right now that I doubt it. If anything I may get the other certificate in health management and leave it at that.

In other exciting news I met with the front people for the "Presidents Own" Marine Corp band, who have chosen EHS as a venue this fall for an evening concert. Talk about "by the book".
Everything is meticulous. We have hosted the Navy band before but this is the premier group.
Tickets are limited but free..so if anyone reading this wants to come be on the lookout. THe concert is October 19 in Ellsworth.

My Luck that will be the opening for Caroline's play in DC. She was cast in the Fall mainstage production. She is thrilled to say the least. It is a series of one acts pulled together to make an evening of theater. She is very thrilled to be a part of the "straight play" instead of being chosen for the musical which is where she is usually cast. Regardless of anything we will be attending her first Mainstage! That term means "theatre dept. production" using the main stage of the University and directed by the full dept.

Speaking of the dear daughter we leave to travel to DC this weekend to pack her up. She of course has done nothing in that regard from what I can gather. She has a final on Monday at 3. so we will head out after that and get some miles in and finish the trip home on Tuesday. All mothers should be tromping up and down dorm halls and stairs on mother's day lugging their kids stuff to cars..don't you think? Good exercise, good for your family together ness..beats a relaxing day sipping mimosas and reading a good book...hmmm.

2 komente:

Unknown tha...

Maybe it will rain on Mother's Day. That makes moving day so much more fun! It has rained, and I have moved Sarah, on Mother's Day, for the last three years. Believe me, I know what it's like. I'm so glad to have that behind me. One more move into the house that they are getting in the fall. Then I'm going out of the moving business!

Kym in the Gym tha...

Ok...so I will be doing the mimosa sipping on Mother's Day then...ON YOUR COUCH!!! Rest assured, I WILL be checking it out whilst I am visiting Mommie Dearest!!! :)

As for the headaches and allergy issues...as they say been there done that....or rather AM there and DOING that too!!! Join the club...Tis the season!!!

Have fun in DC...lookin forward to seeing my niece! Safe trip.

Love,
Kimmie