e mërkurë, 16 janar 2008

Ok Super sib #3, just for you, and I have been reading your stuff! Kinda had a bad end to the week last week with just a bunch of stuff piling up on top of each other and by Friday I was not a happy person. Wasn't really "blog" material, except the fact that after 3 trys they can not fix our chimney and we have to tear it down and get a new one! That one put me over the edge, as I was not impressed with the guys who were supposidly trying to fix it in the first place.

Took Caroline down to Portland on Saturday afternoon and we stopped in at Jenn and Pauls tail gate party, then went to the Old Port for dinner and back to Kathi's. She flew out Sunday at Noon. I then met Aisha for coffee in Brunswick, which was great, we talked for about two hours, since we did not have alot of time to gether over Christmas break.

Monday of course was snowstorm # 102 but whose counting? Drove home to find 172 had not been plowed for hours. This has been an extreme problem in Sedgwick this year and we have not complained but I drove through about 6-7 inches of unplowed snow for about 8 miles and that was just about enough ...and I was still cranky from the week before, so I called the first selectman and told him what I thought of the roads and their condition! I know they have been getting alot of calls, so one more can't hurt. They finally came by around 5pm! UNREAL.

So I am having a dinner party Saturday night...an Irish night ending in a whiskey tasting of some very special bottles a Jameson's Gold and a Bushmills 18. I have had alot of fun with the menu, and it should all be great. Buckinghams, Sullivans and Mark Osborne. Paul of course has already been a pain, asking to approve the menu, etc...Mark is making me nervous, because he is a gourmet cook and so I have had some angst over it all, but I am looking forward to a fun time. I know Tyler can't wait because he knows some of the menu and definitely wants to partake. Need these things in the winter to look forward to!

Will let you in on how it all goes! Sib #1/ARC girl

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Thanks...love the snow storm #102 comment...I concur, and am sick of them. Figures it would be one of THOSE winters while I am "laid up" sort of!
As for the dinner party, Kyle will be bumming...he wanted me to see if Ty could come up here for the weekend. With Friday's forecast and the possibility of yet ANOTHER snow day, and the fact that I can't blame him for wanting to stay and "taste" I guess we will have to wait for another opportunity. Besides, I will be gone for 10 days in Feb and Kyle will be with Mom, so the two of them will see plenty of eachother I suspect (unless you are going somewhere too?).
Speaking of Mom, I see that SHE is the missing link for your "Irish" gathering!! haha Just kidding.

Kimmie