e mërkurë, 23 janar 2008

Rattled..

I know you all expect some witty reparte about me saving the world with ARC or some other incident on the home front that usually has some humor to it...but I have none for you. Instead,
a pretty disturbing incident that rattled the house, and my sense of security...

Two weekends ago, seven car windows were smashed or shot out in the town of Sedgwick, all randomly. Sunday night, while one of the football games was on, we heard a loud cracking sound on the front living room windows. Don was convinced it was Ice on just one window...I was convinced it was both windows. I asked him to go out and check the cars, none the less. He did not see anything. Later he heard another loud noise and again checked the cars, nothing or so we thought. Monday afterno0n Tyler got into the van and the entire back window shattered.
I called Don, who immediately called the police. I took Ty to his practice and on the way we saw other cars with destroyed windows. When the State detective arrived, he wanted to know what I had heard, of course I told him about the cracking sound at the front windows...we then walked to the front of the house and to my horror there were shot gun holes in both storm windows.
We went inside and collected BB shot out between the window and storm. He then told me that every window on all the school busses on Deer Isle had been shot out. As we stood outside talking, trucks would pull up and tell him where another car incident was that he did not yet have on his list. He said they had at least three detectives on this that day because the damages everywhere was so extensive.

There are no leads as of yet, only that both incidents occured on the weekend in the same geographic locations. One family lost their car windows on both weekends. Disturbing? VERY! The second weekend the damage and incidents escalated way beyond the first. We can only hope there will not be a third weekend.
ARC Girl

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

JESUS CHRIST! This is awful news...I am SURE your are rattled...who wouldn't be??? Makes me wonder, and I know this may sound weird to you, if this has ANYTHING to do with the School Consolidation issue considering Deer Isle is involved..and isn't Don on the school board in Sedgwick? I don't know...just thinking and probably way off base here...In any event, I am speechless here.....