e premte, 10 gusht 2007

Attitude adjustment day...

I would say I definitely need one. The week of relatives is over and that is probably a good thing. My mother certainly made a mess of it all. Why she insisted on having two sets of guests at the same time...my sister and her family and her aunt(whom she has competed with all her life) and daughter I will never know. All it did is create chaos. I spent no quality time with anyone, especially my sister and her family. Oh well, mommie dearest definitely knows how to create a "fire" out of a small breeze. Soooooo.....onto a nice weekend I hope.

Ty turns 14 tommorow. He looks 16 at times...6feet tall blonde and quite cute..but still Mom's boy. We will probably take him and a friend minature golfing and dinner on the Island. His best friend Henry is going to Milton Academy this year so this may be their last outing.

Sunday is our day at the Maine Boats Harbors and Homes show. Hewes Co. has a booth and we..Don..has a 4hour shift. He set up the booth yesterday and then said something about going back down today to check on it. Its their first time and I think they feel a little under prepared.
When he called to get a spot in the show he ended up getting John Hanson the owner/editor on the phone who said..O'Grady...why do I know you?? Don said Hinckley? Brooklin Boat? John said no..You're Gretchen's husband..Gretchen that owned the Sedgwick Store!! Not bad when the ex VP of Finance for Hinckley Yachts is remembered for His wifes business in the boating world!!
Yah!!!! Guess we know who rocks!

Had dinner with the "Hams" last night. The ham radio club put up an antenna on the ARC building and had a picnic on the front lawn and their monthly meeting in the office last night.
They are over all a pretty nice bunch. Everett, my fave. was not there, he and I have quite the relationship now that Evan and Caroline are both going to be at GW together. He loves to come in and harass me. He said those guys need to do some work with out him "holdin their hands all the time" so he was going north where he would have one foot in Aroostook county one in Washington county and he could see across to Canada. I am SURE he will be in the minute he gets back to check out what they did.

Have a good weekend all..I plan to. Adjustments will be made!!

3 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Yeah...ya gotta keep those "FIRES" from burning too much!!!! Jeez...what a comment!!! I sincerely hope you have a RELAXING weekend Gretch. Please know that I am wishing that for you....

deedeesu tha...

Just for the record, Mom didn't insist that either the evil aunt or our family come up at the same time. I insisted on coming up this week because it was the only time we could. And I wanted to see Lisa, along with everyone else. We tried hard to keep the stress level down (and obviously failed). We brought tons of food and other supplies; we tried to stay out of people's hair. Howard took the kids mini-golfing, while I took Lisa around and we all met on the island. I actually spent a lot of time with all the kids over the week - which was really nice because I got to know everyone much better in their teen years. But 13-14 people three days straight didn't work. Too much stress. Too much dynamics issues.

deedeesu tha...

P.S. There was definitely something overheated in your house that night. It wasn't "nothing." I even smelled it much later when I came back up the hill into the kitchen to get our stuff to head back over to the apartment to sleep. Both Meg and Anna smelled it. Tyler even said at one point that he could smell it. Why Howard and Don couldn't is anyone's guess. It reminded me of the small shades over wall sconce lamps we have in our bathroom here. If the shade touches the bulb, you get this horrific smell and it takes awhile to locate it. The whole thing was weird. I kept looking up at the track lighting in the kitchen because it seemed to be coming from the ceiling down. I don't know... w-e-i-r-d.