e hënë, 6 gusht 2007

Better rename that last one..

Freaky Friday. Thought it was going to be an easy day. Left the office with Ty to take the car up to Darlings to have the oil changed and some noise that D on thought was transmission looked at. My sister picked us up as Tyler was staying with Kyle for the weekend and so I had something to do while waiting for the car. They said the car would be done by after lunch so I told Kimmie I would take her out to lunch. We dropped the boys off and decided to hit Mardens. They had a huge shipment of soccer stuff come in and Kim wanted to get something for Ty's birthday. So we played around in there and when we got back in her car I realized my cell dropped out of my bag. We headed back in and she shut the car door then came an "unsavory" word, and I realized we were locked out of her car! We hung out in the "lovely lobby" of Mardens while we waited in the 95 degree heat for the tow truck. I thought we should start doing a survey to pass the time..she was not amused. Too hot.

Finnally got out of there and went to Applebees for salad, just as we were finishing up my phone rings..apparently they were monitoring a tornado in the county at the Bangor office. Joyce was in her basement with her mother..Ok..so I finish up and head to the office. We watch the radar for the rest of the afternoon and when it finnally seems to slow down Pat and I close the doors and head home. I'm driving down a packed route 1A there is bumper to bumper traffic and the Emergency alert system keeps going off warning of more and more storms now heading back into Maine...all of a sudden this moving truck pulls out of a side street and tries to cross traffic in front of the van that is in front of me. I am laying on my horn. The van is literally on two wheels
curving out around this idiot. I really don't know how there was not a multi car collision there.
The van pulls off to the side of the road and the driver starts running back toward the moving truck...Probably to rip his head off.

About 10pm the storms finnally hit the coast...I don't think I have seen that much lightening in a very long time. One hit right by the store..I honestly thought it hit it. Don watched as it moved off to Deer Isle. I just tried to go to sleep. It was quite the show.

The rest of the weekend was fairly quiet. Caroline and I drove to Northeast Harbor Saturday to look around, check out the old homestead. We had a good time.

Lots of family coming up this week..could be a long one. My mother is right on ten! Need to stay out of the kitchen! Or there will be a disaster. ARC girl

Nuk ka komente: