e premte, 24 gusht 2007

Time off, time yet??????????????????????????

Hmmm, I am not sure I can wait. The ARC and its bureaucracy is bugging me a little more than usual today. I have had a volunteer who was assigned to leave yesterday and she has spent most of the night and part of this morning on the phone with the venerable ARC travel agency. I use all of those terms lightly!! She actually sat on the phone here for 50 minutes to find out if they had her confirmed and no one picked up...when someone finally did they said they had been sitting at their desk for a half an hour with no phone calls.....Huh?? What are we going to do if we have to deploy hundreds of people not just two or three? All 3 that are going to Minnesota have had nothing but issues. Last deployment was no different. People had such an issue but they blamed it on the 4th of July..well what is the problem now?

Meanwhile I keep doing busy work like shelter surveys,...and thats another bureaucracy, but its getting done...s-l-o-w-l-y. Health status reports are basically done except people the "system" archived or lost or whatever!! You see, I have to wonder if the right hand of the ARC knows what the left hand is doing sometimes. I think if it wasn't for the individuals and the small chapters the real work would not get done. So there's my soap box for the day.

Caroline missed an appointment that she had for two months...I kept reminding her for days to call and check on it...GRRRRRRR. She needed that appointment before returning to school. I had to beg for another time for next week. NOt at great start to my day either.

So is there anything else I can complain about...nope I guess thats it. Still have a headache. I thi nk the low pressure system is doing that...not giving blood like I thought. So you can see I do need some time off, I am cranky. Just found out my volunteer is approved to go..Hello.. its 2pm and her flight is at 5:30!!!! She is a little P--sed off at the whole system..can't blame her there!
I would be frantic by now. Airlines in some citys expect ;you to be there an hour and 1/2 ahead.
Honestly what does the Red Cross think??

Only one more hour here....I can make it!! ON call though...having dinner at a friends tonight have to take the beeper. Well enough of my rambling..ARC soon to be on VAcation GIrl signing off.

1 koment:

Unknown tha...

Sounds like you NEED some time off. Too bad that you will spending it in the car. When you get back, fresh as a daisy, I'll have some new projects for you. Maybe that will help with the boredom. Enjoy your mini "vacation".