e premte, 3 gusht 2007

Freelance Friday

Friday, Friday...just love that day... wish I could actually sing...Concert last night was good. It was wonderful to see the college kids, especially, come back and perform. Some had changed so much, some were just the same only older! They were mostly of my daughters era so I know their personal quirks and they were there! Shane particularly did not disappoint as he talked to himself, and the audience on stage, charming us with his total lack of togetherness, utter brillance and yet still can't remember the words to a song if he has a solo! Caroline's voice is amazingly big now, and she has such a great presence. She came out for her second number and said "I think I am going to get comfortable" and kicked her shoes off, so then her accompanist kicked "her" shoes off and played the piano barefoot. We made around 800.00 I was hoping for 1000.00 but it was good for the first time. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

This weekend is the ERR Eggemoggin Reach Regatta..first time in awhile Don has not sailed in at least one leg of it. Don't know if we will see it from the water this year or not.
Lots of family coming up next week..
My mother is all a tither...not exactly a good thing. I basically lose all control over my life, or
just "go with the flow" as they say. Wine usually works when she gets that way ... that and selective hearing...I'm pretty good at that with her! So if you don't hear from me its because any thoughts I have can't be put in print form!

C'est La vie, Gretchen
P.S. My son almost died when he saw what I drove from Bangor this week!

Nuk ka komente: