e mërkurë, 22 gusht 2007

The phone....ANSWER the phone!!!!!

What is wrong with this picture...I go to work, I give a pint of O+, come home deal with dinner etc and decide to go to bed around 9 to read and sleep. I shut my bedroom door because we have a tv room with computer upstairs that the kids use as well as tv downstairs. Ten o clock I am just about asleep and the phone rings...there is one in the TV/computer room, one downstairs and one in our bedroom. Does anyone who is supposedly concious answer it??? NOOOOOOOOOO! I get out of bed and answer the one in my room as the answering machine kicks in...its some guy from NY that wants to talk to Caroline (the next boyfriend probably).
I have to leave my room and go tell her the phone is for her...now the household is all still up..two tvs are on three people are floating through this lovely, all lit up home...I mean really!!! So I hand her the phone from my room and she happily goes off to talk to "mr. next boyfriend."

Story is not over...she does not put phone back in my room. She keeps it in her room. At 1:00am I awake to the answering machine going off in my bedroom telling someone that we are not available. I fly out of bed..I am on call this week for ARC..and run downstairs because I cant find a phone, check my beeper and call the answering service. It was not them. Now if someone calls in the middle of the night something is usually wrong. Well I go back up stairs and tell Don who by now is somewhat awake, and he says oh you can check caller ID on the phone in the TV/Computer room...so I go to get that phone...when diva daughter comes down the hall holding my bedroom phone...She says "it was in my room" apparently even when a phone rings in her own bedroom she can't answer it!!!!!!!!!! After that my husband takes the portable and figures out that someone "private name private number" called us. Greaaaat. I lay there awakened for the second time on one night..wondering how do these people I live with do this?

So I have a little headache today...now its either lack of sleep or the fact that I had wine after giving blood..or both...take your pick I really don't care. I just want it to go away.
My little ERV is not back..I hope it comes soon, I want to know just what they think they need to do to make it road worthy.

Other than that things are just peachy. Weather is nice a little too cool for me. Not ready for summer to end yet. A few hot days yet would be nice. I have had a sweater everyday this week. Have some days off next week YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not really vacation but earned time. At least some of it, probably some without pay I have to add up what I have. So thats all from where I sit..disaster queen signing off.

3 komente:

Miss. Barboza tha...

I will show you how to do the background sometime. It's not too difficult I just did a search for blooger templates and found one I like and followed the directions.

Miss. Barboza tha...

...and don't feel bad i live with a bunch of people who can't answer the phone either...

Kym in the Gym tha...

I live with someone who keeps BREAKING MY PHONES!!!! He trashed the landline in the kitchen when he got mad at me...I had hung up already...then, this week, he broke his cell phone...IN TWO!!! Threw it across his room when I again hung up...he now owes me over $100 for these!!!