e martë, 21 gusht 2007

He stood me up...!

Yep spent the day at home on Saturday waiting to get called to go to the office to deploy people to Hurricane central...no calls no emails no nothing. Well. I was not impressed..checked my email from office..nothing...Hillary said she did the same...guess they just didn't need PineTree assistance. So Sunday Caroline and I went off to Bangor..to heck with Dean I was done waiting around for him!

Friday night I went over to Center Harbor had dinner with some summer people then went to the Yacht club where the annual square dance was happening...that was a sweaty good time..had all I could do to keep my sandals on my feet and follow the directions. Told Don he should not miss that one next year..even for his family. I guess they played golf so I didnt miss anything. Ty saw Olivia....whatever a 14 yr old date is..at Starbucks.

Caroline who had hoped I would be gone had some friends over Saturday night ..I went upstairs and watched a movie..they stayed down stairs and and I heard the blender going, as well as the counter covered with beer..No surprise there. I wasn't going to spoil the evening and everyone was from the neigborhood except Lucy. They are all leaving soon..Caroline is one of the last ones to go. She can not wait to get back to DC..I remember how that felt at the end of the summer..I don't blame her.

Quiet week so far..lots of paperwork getting done though. Tommorow I will sweet talk the Legion into a shelter agreement. Hopefully. That will take care of Ellsworth in a small crisis if we get that squared away. John took the little ERV to get the thing looked at for tires and other
necessities to get it road worthy..they are keeping it overnight..and he will return it in the am.
They did a double take on it..it has "mongrel" tires (tires that have to be special ordered they don't make that size any more!) and who knows what else. John said its old enough to carry antique car plates. Ha Ha. Oh well at least he knows someone in the business and we may get a nice deal out of this.
ARC girl going home.

Nuk ka komente: