e hënë, 13 gusht 2007

The sliiiiide into home....

That's what August feels like right now. Or how to cram the rest of summer into the next 3 weeks. I am not sure I have had much of a summer with this grant writing class, painting and fixing up the apartment, and work. Have to take Caroline back starting on the 30th so maybe a few days off that week. The rest of course will be spent driving. The "labor day weekend" of college parents!

Saturday I finished getting the apartment ready for Sharon, then we took 3 teenage boys minature golfing and to dinner in Bar Harbor. Caroline met us over there. Tyler Henry and Ian have known each other soo long its comical. They were sitting in the car and Henry said remember when we all went up to Ty's camp in this van? "Those were the good ole days" I cracked up...it was two summers ago and they are only 14 and 15! Ian said to me...Gretchen, you talk like it was yesterday! Good God!

My class ends this week but I have to get my final proposal done..its almost there. I am definitely not taking one next semester...I am so sick of writing. I want to do something fun..like sew or knit this fall..no papers.

Sunday was spent in Rockland at the Maine Boats Homes and Harbors show. It was warm but fun. Lots of old Hinckley people there..a 40 and a 29 for picnic boats. Brooklin boat was a no show for some reason...they were supposed to have the new 50 daysailer. Walked to the end of the docks there was an old OC ocean cruising by Hank Hinckley...basically a B-40 without the talaria on the transom. It was for sale, in great shape hull number one. (1979) If only I had more money than time...or whatever the saying is, because she was a steal. Not too many sailboats on my wish list but she would do just fine. The Homes part of the show was well done, and the exhibitors were of high quality. Getting the booth down and out of there was the hard part.

So back to work, or at least holding down this fort...ARC Girl

Nuk ka komente: