e martë, 24 prill 2007

The best laid plans of...

Mice and men..you know that old saying how they never work the way there supposed to.
I think that's my week so far! Yesterday I planned to go into the office get the newsletter done, out the door, finish some stuff for the "red book" and pretty much finish it up. Then get ready for a class I was teaching...Nope! Ginny and Hillary were there to greet me! We had to change around the whole Presque Isle institute..and then change it again after lunch ....so there went the day. Left the office drove as far as Blue Hill and realized I had not transferred the phones to Bangor..which meant Rockland and Ellsworth phones were going unanswered GREAT! Drove home changed told Ty he was on his own and drove back all in 45 minutes. Didn't have to teach until 6:00!

I am supposed to go to Boston this weekend to a 2 day course on Supervision in Disaster.
I had mentioned it to the guys a couple weeks ago and Don said no, they didn't want to go down.
Even though they could hang with the cousins and Deed and Howard. (And I would get a chauffeur!) So, fine I had it in my little head I was going alone..emailed my sis to meet me Saturday night for dinner , got my driving directions on line and we are sitting at dinner tonight and hubby says so what kind of room do you have..I'm thinking why do you care? which I think I verbalize and he says
something about going down with me...Huh??? Now when you have something in your head one way, or at least when "I" have something in" my head" I tend to move in that direction and
this is totally throwing me off. Not that I mind, they will be off seeing relatives etc., Don will do the driving for me, and I have classes all day..but you know when you plan to be alone and then you're not... all of a sudden?
So I need an attitude adjustment... because they, both Don and Tyler said they discussed this with me on the way home from Montreal..I thought I was discussing "my" dinner date with my sister. Best laid plans...

So the other thing I wanted to blog about is...did you ever come up behind a car and you want to pass it because it's going soooo slow and realize it's your mother!! Now that is the dilemma of the day!! First I wasn't sure it was her but it was a black subaru wagon with one of those yellow ribbon magnets and couldn't really see anyones head above the head rest..bad sign! Then there was the debate..should I? Will she know its me? Could be any Honda van...with a George Washington Univ Label in the back window! yep. So I hang back until the road divides into two lanes and I know she will move into the slow lane and then I zip by with a quick sideways glance..yup its her! Oh well I pretend I"m not looking just driving legally in the passing lane.

And its only Tuesday...what more delights are ahead for the rest of the week.?

3 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

HAHAHAHA....You have got to be kidding me!!! Passing your own Mother!!!! I was roaring reading this..let alone the whole Boston trip! Have fun...in any event!
BTW, glad you enjoyed my little "visit" with our recluse of a niece...that parents group will NOT last long once the other kiddies meet Bazooka Briana!

Unknown tha...

HHHMMM. A conversation that you don't remember having. Welcome to my life!

deedeesu tha...

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. You passed MOM! I'm delighted! That's like passing Missy. No. It's better. You didn't curse her with a hand gesture or anything, did you???