e shtunë, 14 prill 2007

Just "waitin for the wind"..

So its Saturday..I feel about as good as I did last Saturday but with different symptoms. This is not how I like to spend my weekends..on the couch! I did make it to work yesterday but actually layed down on the floor twice I was so dizzy in my chair. MEMA the Maine edition of FEMA is all stirred up about another storm of the century headed our way, flooding high winds
"change in the look of the coastline" yep! I think they are even prediciting the end of Long Island to fall off. Deer Isle is apparently of concern so I looked to see where the nearest shelter on mainland is and found out its not where it should be. Apparently someone thought that the fire dept in Sedgwick which I might add is on a back road is a better shelter than the 10 year old elementary school..one of the nicest schools on the peninsula. I made a few phone calls and will move to certify the school, and talk to the fire chief some time soon. Hopefully we don't open shelters this week..I am not ready for that scene.

Corinna's last day was yesterday I bought her a collage frame for her new office. It will be really quiet in mine until they hire someone! I guess people will be coming down to work there more often.

Montreal trip is Tuesday if we haven't blown off the earth by then or floated out into the Atlantic. We are watching two other neighbors houses for flooding, and then there is always the tides, but
we are set up on a hill overlooking it so unless there is a Tsunami the house will still be here.
So I guess I won't worry until I have to...just get the water and candles ready.

Back to the couch...all I am capable of ..maybe its bird flu! Gretchen

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

You already HAD bird flu at Christmas...or was it Thanksgiving or the 4th??? hahahaha