e shtunë, 7 prill 2007

End of the week..

Well...Had I known that we would get 15 inches of snow on Wed. night I would have bothered to get up until Friday! Everyone kept talking about some storm everywhere I went but when I would turn the radio on it would say snow turning to rain..no big deal. So then my boss sends out this email about possible shelter openings and I am thinking what is this..? So it starts to snow and I go to bed thinking yeah what ever..school is cancelled and then I finnally get up and take a shower and phone rings, I assume its Red Cross which it is, about a military loan I did the day before, so I go downstairs to call Washington DC and actually look out the window. GOOD GOD! There are FEET of snow on my deck! AND its still coming down. Don calls and says I hope you don't plan on going anywhere the town has decided not to plow rte.172 due to frost heaves. Well thats nice...15 inches how do they get away with that? He said he plowed thru it with his 4 wheel drive but that getting out of Blue Hill on the other side was a joke, cars off everywhere! Great. Then Corinna calls, the office in Ellsworth is plowed in, apparently they dumped they entire mall's worth of snow in the back parking lot..ours! She said you could not even see the entrance the banks were as high as a one story building. NOne of this is amusing me at all. I make an attempt later to drive but the roads are terrible and I just bag it. The snow doesnt let up until after two but by that time it would mean being in the office 1 hour for about 1and1/2 hours worth of driving. NOt worth it. Watched UMO hockey get beat..as I said Not worth it.

Friday I go in early to see what the snow plow left us. They had cleared away the snow to the ramp and then there was two feet on the ramp. The post man had made it up it to deliver the mail so I went up in his tracks unlocked the door and got the shovel and started working from the top. It must have been a sight! Took about 20 minutes but working from the top down was the way to go!
Then since I was being handy woman for the day I went out and got nails for the new mail box and hung that up and got ready for the disaster meeting. We are all so busy its ridiculous. But we definitely work well together as a team. Everyone complements each others personality so much its alot of fun.

Today is the day before Easter and I feel like crap..yep headache, cramps yuck. Have to do some errands was planning on going to a step dancing workshop but I just don't know ...
Why can't we have sunshine warm weather you know flowers green grass that stuff...
I am depressed today..this just doesnt do it for me! Mud melting snow ugh! Winter hangover!
And I am cold too! I had to put on a heavy sweater! Ok so I am whining. Maybe I should have doubled the prozac..supposed to help the headaches..yeah right...suppose I could go sit on the yellow flowered couch for the day and watch the Masters golf tournament where the weather is warm and there are azaleas growing...G.

2 komente:

Unknown tha...

Sorry you're having such a yucky day. Have you tried staying your pajamas, lying on the sofa with a quilt over you, eating a cardboard pizza, and watching the Day of The Triffids? Sure cure for a case of the blues! Doesn't do much for the headache or the cramps. Luckily, I've outgrown both. See? There is hope and benefits to growing older. In a few years... well, I'll not go there. Hope this doesn't mess up your Easter plans.

deedeesu tha...

oh my goodness - 15 inches of snow. You guys are getting all the snow that we're NOT getting here. Seriously. Howard says to tell you he filled the pool today (with rushing runoff water from the stream next to our house - don't worry, we'll sanitize the hell out of it later).
We're going to Mexico in a week. I know you don't want to hear that. But maybe you could be a stowaway. ;)