e premte, 20 prill 2007

The Sun came out..

Friday..the end of a long or maybe it was short or maybe it was two weeks..week! Monday seems like a month ago. A Northeaster was still battering us with rain when we left Tuesday am for Canada. Saw alot of washed out roads and stuff but nothing too bad until we hit Kingfield then we were in another world...FEET of heavy wet snow on trees power lines and snowing hard!! No one was plowing there was six inches on the road thru the mountains. Stopped in Stratton at a store where a DOT plow was and Don asked them how it was to the border.."not good the guy said but if you go real slow" great! I would not have done it..but Don can handle it so he did and about 10 miles beyond that we hit wet roads again.

Montreal was fun..the first night we went to a french restaurant and they lost their power as we were going in so we had to go to another place..nearby that was a steak house good but not what we had chosen. Shopped in the underground city the next day and saw the John Mayer Concert that night..that was excellent! Just enough of a light show and alot of great guitar for Tyler!
(I was a little worried it might be too mellow for him...nothing doing!) He's awfully cute too...I know he could be my son..and who wouldn't want him for a son!!!!

Caroline meanwhile kept us informed on the VT stuff in Washington. Her campus had a candlelight on Tuesday and they all had ribbons to wear. President Trachtenberg wrote an article in the Washington Post which was sent to us. Along with emails everyday about what the Univ. was doing...We got an email by 2pm the day of the incident with details of campus security, mental health procedures etc. Their parent assoc. is truly on the ball.

Caroline had opening night for her musical the New Brain. I so wish I could see this one but the air fare this week is just awful because of spring break. I can get down there but I can't get back. Oh well. She said its going well..She also has voice recital this weekend..grrr. Guess I can't be everywhere.

Back to work today..new hours for awhile anyways..10-3 almost got pulled over too! Some old guy decided to drive 30 in a 55 so I passed him and of course I was going about 68 and the State trooper passed me..saw him put on his lights I thought great..late, here's a great start to the day! Guess He decide against me though. Can't believe all the other chapters in NE dealing with such huge cleanups and mass care and incoming disaster volunteers..
we are doing nothing..surreal! I suppose the shoe will be on the other foot one of these days...just when I wished it wasn't. I still have so much to learn when I listen to what other chapters are doing right now .. everyone talks in form #s and acronyms and it seems so confusing. I think you just have to be in the middle of it all to really get it! But for now the
Sun came out...have a good weekend everyone.

Nuk ka komente: