e martë, 3 prill 2007

Lent is over..Winter is not!

I counted for those who disagree, Lent is 40 days and that 40 days starts on Ash Wednesday and counting forward the 4oth day is Palm Sunday! The beginning of Holy Week. Why am I discussing this..well Caroline who always has to give up something tough gave up all Caffeine for 40 days. This is the Starbucks queen. She lives for Carmel Macchiatos, a cup of tea after class,
cocoa at night and dark chocolate. She likes her lattes and cappucinos, she has learned to take them skim to keep that figure but she does have to have them and her drink of choice at a restaurant is ice tea. It has been a long 40 days! I told her it would not be good for her health (headaches) and I wasn't sure she could survive but she did. She called me yesterday to confirm the date and I said I believed I was right but wasn't totally sure, the colors for lent being purple and the altar cloth for Palm Sunday is always changed to Red. In the Episcopal church that indicates a change of season. She of course was going to just blame me and ordered an Ice tea anyways.

She is also enjoying Cherry blossoms, sunshine, flowers, and 70's, I asked if she had sandals on and she said she would have but they aren't allowed when they give campus tours. Oh too bad!
Its snowing here. Yesterday the office was so cold I turned the heat on and couldn't hear the phone when she called.(to see if she could have ice tea!)

There is just nothing else going on except work and I keep picking away at a couple of projects.
Nothing is completed, but getting there. Motivation would be nice. I am sure I will find it under the snow! ARC girl

1 koment:

Gigabyte Queen tha...

Ok ok... it has happened. The gigabyte queen has arrived ;)

Gretchen your daughter is stronger than I am with her ability to give up coffee! The facilitator from Compassion Fatigue would be quite proud of her.