e mërkurë, 4 prill 2007

Lent and my living room..

Yes we are still on this Lent thing because now Sib 2 and sib 3 are unclear. Sib #3 , you, being the good little anglican , are correct, it does end on Easter, actually the night before but the 40 days does not include Sundays, something those Catholics thought up, that they neglected to tell the anglicans when we broke off to spite us! (Not that I really know that!) So yes dear sibs we have been fasting for well over the 40 day mark. Then the "Roman" catholics decide to end their fast on Maundy Thursday, this of course after taking every Sunday off. (Or Quote "not counting Sundays"...what exactly does that mean...I have to check cathechism here. ) Sib #2 I have no idea what your daughter did with the chocolate thing but since Passover was Monday her diet must be totally messed up! So moral of the story...don't eat what you aren't supposed to until Sunday as in EASTER Sunday unless you didn't take Sundays off in which case you fasted 40 days, and can somehow justify it to yourself or you want to claim pre-Henry the 8th
status (if Episcopal/anglican) and become Roman Catholic and then you can stop on Thursday at Sundown. If you are a member of the Karstein family well Passover and Holy week are the same week this year you all figure it out!

On to my living room. The couch of course is in place and today the two queen anne end chairs I had recovered with my bargain fabric..50% off! I think I paid less than 4.00 a yard for it,Navy brocade. They are the end chairs in my dining room but one is kept in the living room.
They came out gorgeous. Now there is still one chair left to cover but that is not going to happen soon. The fabric I had for that is not going to work with the new fabrics ..but it will work in the Sunroom so I guess I will make cushions for the wicker chairs and a valance with it. For the living room I bought a piece of coral fabric with a brocade design at the fabric store in DC. I am going to cover two pillows for the couch, it will really make the couch colors "pop", then two other throw pillows to spread the wealth and then I think I will make tie backs for the plain drapes with it to tie everything together. I am also thinking of making arm chair covers for the left over chair in it. We shall see how that would work. So I can't wait to sew! Looks like the weather will be miserable for the rest of the week anyways. I am going to have to save and save to do the other chair since now I am down to NO fabrics from my stash for that piece. Buying decorator fabrics is very expensive and hardly ever find exactly what you want at discount. Not that I won't look!

The guy that reupholstered the chairs is very interesting and he says he loves to take chairs "down" to see the layers and the construction and eventually find the manufacturer and dates.
He can tell by the fillings and stuff how well made or how old they might be. He said my chairs were made in 1974 and he had the exact date, by a furniture maker in Brockton who he said was a very very high end furniture maker. I am not surprised considering whom I bought them from. They had horse hair filling and he said were exceptionally well made. Just like watching
Antiques Road show.. that guy! Who knew a chair could tell you so much!
Have a good one everyone! G.

Nuk ka komente: