e hënë, 17 mars 2008

Happy St.Patricks Day



Happpy St. Paddys day from Me and Van the Man! The concert was just grand, Tyler and I had a wonderful time in Boston and the songwriter from Northern Ireland was the consumate entertainer.

As sib #2 had said, he does not do alot of talking to the audience except to tell us what he is playing but, he does get the audience off their feet with his blues/jazz revival style that has everyone clapping along with some of his pieces. He arrived on stage in a suit, sun glasses and fedora..all of which he kept on the entire time. He sang for an hour and 45 minutes not bad for a 62 year old guy and when he wasn't singing he was playing his sax. A good portion of the concert was the new CD Keep it Simple sandwiched with old favorites such as Moondance and Brightside of the Road, as well as lesser known Vanlose Stairway, and of course Gloria for the audience encore.

We had wonderful seats in the orchestra at the Wang Center, and I would not have traded it for anything...Boston Globe gave it a so so review but the audience comments on the web..said it was one of his better live performances in years! I'll take it after a 30 year wait!!

In other Holiday News..the Diva Daughter calls from the New York City St Patricks Day Parade...that child takes after her mother...right place at the right time..even sent me two pics on my cell and held it up to the pipe band going by...thanks Care..enjoyed it while I worked on an excel spread sheet all day! Brother Ty wore his Drop Kick Murphys t-shirt to school today and then off to Henry Sullivans to record more video for You Tube..you don't want to see it believe me!

Corned beef, guiness and an Irish coffee for dessert...can't ask for more my friends..

Happy St. Patricks day all......ARC girl

2 komente:

deedeesu tha...

He's kind of like Bob Dylan that way - not really conversational with the audience but definitely up for talking about his work. I have a couple of instrumentals by Van that you would love (and may even be surprised by) - traditional Celtic pieces. Meghan has danced a modern piece to one of them and is learning another dance for the other one. I'm trying to secure a videotape of that for you because she's improved so much - I want you and Kim to see it. The instrumental pieces are called "Connswater" and "Celtic Swing" (both from Inarticulate Speech of the Heart). You can download them from iTunes.

Anonim tha...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.