e hënë, 10 mars 2008

Work weekend

Back from a long weekend in Rockland Maine! The PineTree Chapter hosted a leadership institute for volunteers, with advanced classes that are not always available in our chapter or even in the State. We brought in instructors from other chapters and taught National courses, it was a complete sucess and as always there was fun to be had.
Hillary should get five gold stars for our accomodations. Since the "Bates Motel" episode in Aroostook County we have really upgraded. She booked all the instructors into a new Hampton Inn in Thomaston.. well I have never been to a Hampton Inn with Granite counters and sinks, tile showers, a bath room as big as my two (ok, well almost!) a king bed with duvet, and a really nice room! The place was brand new and obviously one of their "new concept" models or something! I remember going into a Hampton Inn somewhere and it was very very basic. There was a nice room for breakfast and the place was spacious and airy. Couldnt really ask for more.
Friday I drove down with plans to get to the office by 11, made a quick stop at the Market Basket and out walks Maureen Predham! Well that was 30 minutes! We had not seen each other in quite awhile. Bubs birthday was that day and she was picking up the cake so I wrote a note on the box to him...six years tommorow they lost Hillary.
Got to the Rockland Office and "happened" to be the one to answer the phone..AFES call! It ended up being an all day all evening event...everytime I turned around, they were calling me back wanting more info..by the time I got to the institute they called to say "they could not find the service member..no such person or something to that effect!" Great. Several phone calls later it was resolved. Taught a class Friday night and then a large group of us went to Applebees which was next door to our hotel for liquid re..juvenation! Hillary and I stayed up late
talking, and "being girls"..bed at 1am!
SAturday I got to TAKE a class...taught by the Irish Man himself, Patrick.. who taught us all about Diversity! I did manage to find a small square of velcro and velcroed his banana to the front desk... "teachers pet" that's ARC girl!~ It was actually a good class with alot of great funny moments and discussions.
Saturday night Paul our MEMA liasion came to dinner and said his wife called and wanted to know "how are the kids?" meaning me and Hillary..After dinner she convinced me to go to the pool with her after we had hunted down a bottle of wine of course!..I never ever go to pools in the winter.. but I did. A quick couple of laps and then the hot tub, then up to bed thank you!
Sunday I was just plain tired...Daylight savings time..too much on a weekend like that.
Long drive home at 4:30...
Patrick picked up a Drop Kick Murphys T for me for Tyler that he was thrilled with! Suppose he will have to wear that to Boston this weekend sometime!
So I am off for the rest of the day..quiet in the office..good thing!

2 komente:

Patrick tha...

Well yes the weekend was grand. Except for the old banana getting velcroed to the table. Man what a mess, chocolate syrup, pineapple, crushed nuts & 3 scoops of ice cream, pretty much chilled out the old banana. The old banana was pretty well used up, turned into the royal split. Had to get Coco the chimp to get what was left of the banana split from the table. BTW Kate would like a word about you making a dessert out of her BF.

Kym in the Gym tha...

Ok...so let me get this straight...not only are you "messing with a 'taken man's' banana", but you used HIS prank on him...Sorry, lame Big Sis....Is THAT all you got?! You are letting me down here....dang! I think you need some Kymnastics...that would be "hijinks help"!!!

P.S. Does your husband know you are
fooling around with another guy's banana....!!! hee hee hee