e hënë, 31 mars 2008

I wouldnt be ARC girl without her....

Ginny that is....first of all she hired me! I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I knew I wanted to work for a nonprofit..afterall I was working on a Masters Certificate in Non profit management..and well I had done the "own your own business thing" and the work for someone else and everyone else as a Nurse thing so this seemed like the next step..

I had no idea what the job was, afterall it was a tiny ad in the BDN, and it was for a part time job in Ellsworth...worked for me! Well Ginny and Suzan convinced me this is where I *needed* to be! I wanted that job after the interview...it seemed exciting, challenging and different than anything else I had ever done....and guess what ...IT IS!!!

Ginny was a great boss, friend, mentor and teacher! The respect she garnered from her volunteers, staff, and emergency services people across the state just amazed me! Everyone knew her..!

So somewhere along the line, Ginny starts a blog...and of course she lets us in on the site so we can read it...and of course comment if we want...well in order to comment you have to have a webname. Which means you can actually blog yourself...for awhile I used to just comment on her blog, but then one day that Ellsworth office got pretty boring and I was probably just in the right mood and "ARC Girl" just hasn't gotten off her soap box since.
Lynn came on and Hillary came on....(for awhile)...

Of course I then had to get the sibs on line...and the super sibs...(the upper echelon of the Wilson family) have a place to chat, and read whats going on in each others jobs...so Ginny...really put ARC girl on the map...even when it meant fending off "blog invasions" like Patrick and friends when the Velcro incident occured...

Ginny, you have made my life fun, at times way too exciting, with my job...and given me alot to
remember and laugh about...and if you can't find me anywhere else....I bet you will still find me here!!!

with Love,
ARC Girl

2 komente:

Unknown tha...

You were the last person we interviewed and we weren't impressed with those we had seen so far. Both of us heard the bells and whisles when you left. There was no doubt that the job was yours if we hadn't scared you away! You were more than a co-worker to me and I never felt like your boss. You unfortunately saw me at my worst, as well as at my best. Indeed, I will be checking your blog regularly. I'd like to stay a part of your life. You're a natural for this kind of work. I taught you very little. I will never forget what you did for me one day when I wasn't very proud of myself, and you've kept it to yourself all this time. You never let on. I have always regretted involving you in that incident, but I didn't know where else to go. Thank you for being there and being who you are. I'm really going to miss you. I know that you will take the job to heights that I could only stand and look up at. I have been "gone" for five hours now. It's hard to believe. There is always some irony if you look for it...eleven years ago, on my first day, I walked into an empty office and went to work, much like you did. Today, eleven years later, I worked alone this afternoon and when 4:30 came around, I locked the office up for one last time. I paused before walking out just to look around once more. There were so many faces and voices there. I shall miss them too. Someday I will be able to talk to you again without crying. For now, keep on blogging! I'll be following ARC Girl closely through the transition period. I love you Gretchen.

Kym in the Gym tha...

The Kymnasium is officially "verclempt" as Mike Myers would put it...Don't know Ginny, but she said some very nice things to the ARC girl.