e martë, 4 mars 2008

Back to ARC girls site.....

So I have left this post alone for a couple of days hoping all these people having a conversation on my site would quiet down for the time being...and they have. Good, I have work to do.

Another storm coming in tommorow and of course the State EMA decided to have a conference call..#107 of the winter.. they are rather monotonous by now and quite frankly, we have had no real issues except some minor flooding Valentines day storm. So I took it in stride until they called role and my local EMA director said he had no questions nor did he have any comments...very rare for him! So about an hour later he shows up on my door step to say I need to let you know the EMA office will be unmanned tommorow and I am counting on you and a few others as I will be directing any issues from Portland! ooookaaay! Now nothing usually happens around here. But..leaving ARC girl in charge? I said really Ralph.."you're leaving me alone up here?" Yep, you can do it! He said I've called the Hydro and I have all your numbers, and I will stay in close contact with you...yuuuh! So everyone..pray for rain, no ice, no wind! Thank you!

In other life changing events tonight is the Basketball awards night...Tylers last one at Sedgwick, but even more so.. His Dad's last one as Basketball Coach. I think Don is going to miss that job very very much. He loves those boys, and coaching has really been a great thing for him..I think if something similar comes along he will take it up again. He is an excellent role model and a great coach for young kids as he doesnt have that "win under all costs" attitude..yet he does try to get them to do their best..I have seem him really grow in this position over the past four years.
I am afraid it will be rather bittersweet..I hope he can replace it with something as special.

Off to Rockland and the ARC institute at the end of the week..more on that later I am sure.

ARC girl

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Good luck today...an awful lot of ice up here in the big city! Hope you don't have to make the commute to Ellsworth. Drive safe!