e premte, 22 qershor 2007

Its the weekend....

Thank Heavens! I have not been a in a very productive mode this week..more like fits and starts. Although there have been some things I have accomplished. Last night Caroline said "come on Mom scrap book with me.".now I have not put anything on a page since I completed her graduation present which was a book of all her high school plays, performances etc. It took 4 years to complete, sometimes in great year end work sessions. The last pages were done in the week of graduation and I was sobbing as I put the final ones together. Consequently I have not put about a year and a half of photos anywhere, but in a box, including her senior prom, awards banquets, graduation etc. She on the other hand came home from college and decided to fight boredom with creativity and has been putting all her photos to pages. Gorgeous pages, I might add.

So..I got up off the couch and took out some prom pictures and sat down with her and didn't get up from the table until 11pm! I fussed and fussed over them but the pages were what I wanted and even got a scrap from her dress on one page.. her dress, now thats another story! I guess I needed to do something a little creative, it definitely was a big release from everything else, like the apartment, the house and gardens, work, etc etc. I might just do some more soon! Ty joined us by sitting there and kibitzing, all good natured of course.

Mattresses came late morning today for the apartment. Now I have to get linens together, finish the bedrooms, finish the kitchen, and I still don't have living room seating. LL Bean blew that one the other day by pricing a couch by the section...which I thought was priced by the whole. The ad is in the paper, and I will contact Wooden Boat as well as my email list. It really is a cute little apartment, waterfront...should rent well. Also listed the downstairs as gallery retail space..we shall see.

Lots going on this weekend. Flye point music festival in Brooklin..Little River Band and Melanie are the headliners, Shriners "the men with the Fez are in Ellsworth," Ty has a girl.. "who is just a friend".. in Bar Harbor he wants to meet for ice cream tonight,! For my sibs..she is Phyllis Woolfs daughter from Portland..Olivia...they seem to have an IM relationship. Then there is the "cute pharmacy guy" who left a note for Care on face book..I can not keep up with technological relationships!! He goes to URI and seems to have a girlfriend but last year the pharmacist asked me if Caroline was dating, embarrassing this poor student pharmacy tech to pieces! Well now of course she is single..Face book, the info sight for the all college students..and he has left her a message. Hmmmm

Shriner parade in Ellsworth tommorow..gotta love the men with the fez. Now my dad was never a shriner, but I remember when the grand poobah was from Northeast Harbor and when you are the grand what ever, you get to have the parade in your town..so some of the doctors who were shriners and their buds ended up at my parents house after one of the dinners, definitely into the liquor cabinet. The parades are always something, you wonder how they can drive those little cars and boats after all that partying the night before though!

So happy Friday and good weekend to you all..I am on call this weekend so it better be a quiet one disaster wise! ARC Girl signing off.

Nuk ka komente: