e premte, 29 qershor 2007

When in doubt blog...

Got to work late today..Ty had a concert for jazz band camp and did a solo..great!! Then I went to the hospital to see my friend Daune the oncology nurse about Jenn, she did not hear the final outcome, after I called her on the way to Portland on Monday. Then I begged her for help in getting an appointment with her husband (my family doc) so I can get this "whatever I have" taken care of. I feel like" Mono" right now..I am exhausted. I have had mono before but some times it reactivates itself and I had that happen once back in the 80's. I am not sure it would explain this long term laryngitis though. So I have an appointment next Thursday.

Had to do alot of health and safety stuff today including an inventory for year end and a challenge exam..my first one. So by the time I got to even read my email it was almost three o clock. Ginny had written this big update on what Emergency services dept is doing..I was impressed..then I realized that was Us!! Hey we have done alot!! And we are still up to our eyeballs. I have to now figure out Washington County as if Aroostook wasn't enough of a hot spot!! They need shelter surveys..and who knows what else. I am sure the politics are just as tricky, but I don't feel quite so out of place knowing I am at least driving along the coast. Although that "Blueberry World building with the giant blueberries outside..now that was debateable!!

So Don is playing in a golf tourney so I told Ty we would go to the new Mexican restaurant in Sargentville a suburb of Sedgwick for those who don't know..its some section of town where a bunch of Sargents lived so they called it Sargentville because it had its own library and post office, now closed, but its always been taxed under Sedgwick..I suppose they think they might be the "high rent district"..but we have the town landing and carters point and that is significant waterfrontage.
But the people definitely insist on being from "Sargentville" instead of Sedgwick...whatever! The funniest thing is now we have this restaurant of authentic Baja and Mex food. Its too strange...right in the middle of what some people would consider "nowhere"!! We are not talking Rockland here, or Camden or Bar Harbor, we are talking route 15 in Sargentville, suburb of Sedgwick! This is not taco belle either! These people make their own tortillas fillings salsas everything. So you all get the picture.. one of those Maine Quirks..and I think one of those Maine trust fund kids who just had to move back and do something "different"! Oh well I get good food!

Have a great weekend, I plan on doing very little I hope..except enjoying it. G.

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

So that place really is good huh? I remember our plant trek and wandering by it and wondering about it...Shall have to go when I come down next....