e hënë, 2 korrik 2007

BTW

Thats "back to work" not "by the way"..darn it! Seems like everyone is on vacation this week or definitely in that "mode". Ellsworth traffic is one big snarl..or one you want to 'snarl' at! Tried to go get a sandwich at lunch today, to treat myself I decided to go to Frankies at the bookstore thinking they might have a panini special (which they did) getting there..one shopping center down the street was the problem!! Oh well my sandwich and ice coffee tastes good. I am in paper work, computer mode today.

This weekend although beautiful but cool weather wise was a little of a waste for me. I could not get out of my own way. I woke up Sat. morning with a truck on my face. My voice gone again and feeling quite sorry for myself. At least it was sunny on my deck the roses were blooming and the water was blue..I guess I really do live in a beautiful corner of the world most of the year. I did attempt to do stuff which immediately landed me on the couch. Which is where Caroline saw me everytime she came in or out.."just where I left you last time" she would say.
I did do alot of laundry though. Everyone was busy around me though..

Ty did alot of skateboarding and got new shoes .. Don started a deck for my mom, Steve came up to the cottage, Kathi is still with Jennifer but will be up today ( see what I mean about everybody being on vacation) Caroline went to Bar Harbor Sat night, Bangor Friday with Lucy and Northeast Harbor Sunday night all with different groups of friends. I guess she will survive not being in DC. Then she gets up every morning to be at the INN by 7am..she must be exhausted..

Oh and the worst thing of it all..I think my summer class starts tommorow night 4-6:45 jeez. Insult to injury there! Day before the holiday AND the day after.Who came up with that schedule! What was I thinking! This grant writing class seems to only be offered during the summer. I have waited it out several semesters and every year it only comes in the summer so I am biting the bullet. Its a skill I would like to have so I will get it done and then one more course and I will have my non-profit masters certificate. Thats it folks I am not going for the full MS. Not now anyways. Its just too hard to be a student Mom and work for ARC. plus my other volunteer stuff.

So all you party-iers have a drink for me tommorow night while I am sweating in some classroom! Watching some body talk about grants! Keep it down to a dull roar will ya?!

4 komente:

deedeesu tha...

wahoooooooooo!!!! P-A-R-T-Y in the Flatlands with Kimmie! You are seriously missing out. Paris is coming!

deedeesu tha...

P.S. I got one of those mysterious hallmark e-cards from sub sibling #6. Like Kimmie's, I could not open it. In fact, I'm not even sure it came from #6, except that I got an email notification saying a "family member has sent you an e-card..." This card, of course, came about 6 days after I turned .... older.
(kim is laughing...)

deedeesu tha...

P.S.S. Wait until you see the cards Kimmie gave me for my birthday. Card---s. Plural. She couldn't decide which one was bad enough. Hint: one of them extols the mantra "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia..."

deedeesu tha...

wahoooooooooo!!!! P-A-R-T-Y in the Flatlands with Kimmie! You are seriously missing out. Paris is coming!