e shtunë, 28 korrik 2007

There ARE no red hot dogs on rte one!!

ok so I drive to Rockland to meet with Disaster Mental Health people like a good litttle Emergency services nurse! one word..Disaster! Keynote speaker..no show. Of coourse somehow I know he is not coming but head of meeting does not.. she is P_ssed. But first I arrive at ARC office and she is supposed to show up any minute to pick up her stuff. Never shows so I leave for meeting and when I pull into parking lot she tries to send me back to office I just left for HER stuff. Luckily Susan said she would bring at 11:00. Meeting is starting in ten minutes. I won't go into the gory details here. Also had to give "someone" in the bangor office my minute by minute location incase there was in imminent disaster that had to be dealt with as he was the only one in the office.

So left Rockland around 12 to head back to get Ty off to sailing camp out. Stopped at Market Basket to get half a sandwich and remembered exactly why I am no longer the proprietor of a gourmet food business in Maine in the summer. There were 100 people all wanting something on bread that was not made that day! Got back in the car and called Don to tell him that story and he said he was sitting on some gorgeous stone patio on Isleford..Little Cranberry Island, at a house they are going to redo (the company is going to redo..not him)..then he was "boating over to Isle au Haut and Stonington to check on other Hewes Co. projects..tough day. About that time I hit a wall of traffic. Route one last friday in July!

Now I still had not picked up the delicacys for the sailing overnight including the pop tarts and the red hot dogs. I kept driving and trying to call my kids to get them to do it. Unfortunatley they were behind schedule and Carolines phone was either off or out of range..so I did not get them in time to stop at store. So I decided my best bet was a small store along the way quick in and out instead of a grocery store that would require lines aisles and waiting...little did I know that no one would have hot dogs let alone red ones!! I tried Searsport Irving...now Maritime farms..nope..Then two stores in Bucksport all these places have the word "market" or grocery, on their sign and they have beer and chips. I finnally pulled off at the Orland Market and hit the
jackpot..guy says yeah we have hot dogs..how many...wow I can even buy singles...like this place. Are they red? No way...I don't sell what I don't eat...so I buy 3 regular color hot dogs and hope he can trade for them.

Get home throw stuff in car and fly to yacht club..a couple of parents look at me and say you look stressed about this trip or something..I say no I just got off Rte I. for the second day in a row..they took me sailing..in my skirt and sandals! I threw those off and just climbed in the boat. What the heck! It was a TownClass..always wanted to sail one of those...sort of like Herreshoff 12 1/2 They are an old class out of Marble head. Well I know I don't want one..too tippy, no keel just a centerboard and really a little finicky. But it definitely blew the road dust out of my head! WE watched the kids take off in three beetle cats for Hog Island for the night.

Woke up this morning and it was completely fogged in, thought they might all get towed back by the whalers they took out. But Ty said they all sailed back..He had one of the boats the whole way back and said it was a great sail. All of them no worse for the wear..traded a hot dog for a red one too! He also had a sausage in his bag. Guess they didn't sleep much but that is the fun of it all.

So I cut up some fabric for curtains today..I am sort of working on them..we"ll see.
By the way we did NOT have red hot dogs for dinner last night! Have a good weekend all. G.

2 komente:

deedeesu tha...

That is so cool. Tyler is having a better summer than me. I feel like I'm chained to work all week and then dealing with house stuff on the weekend. What a neat thing to do - sail for an overnight on Hog's Island. (Hog -- get it? That's why he needed red hot dogs...).
Anyway, we've put in a mass order for the things - that's why no one's got any to buy up there. Don't worry. We're bringing them with us when we come. I cannot wait to come to Maine. :)

deedeesu tha...

That is so cool. Tyler is having a better summer than me. I feel like I'm chained to work all week and then dealing with house stuff on the weekend. What a neat thing to do - sail for an overnight on Hog's Island. (Hog -- get it? That's why he needed red hot dogs...).
Anyway, we've put in a mass order for the things - that's why no one's got any to buy up there. Don't worry. We're bringing them with us when we come. I cannot wait to come to Maine. :)