e enjte, 12 korrik 2007

The opposite side of the fence...

There's the girl..the one who turned 19 yesterday and then there's the boy..the one who will turn 14 next month. For those who can't add that is a 13 yearold! Who is 6 feet tall, very intelligent, very sensitive and on a hormone seige! I think there is a permanent thunder cloud over his head lately. Last night it poured! Don't let anyone tell you boys are easy... that is only because they never talk! Eventually it all has to boil over. Unfortunately they don't understand that its ok to feel bad sometimes, to cry or be angry or hurt. NO matter what kind of parent you are.

Trying to make his world a little better, after he left for soccer today I tore apart his room, he has the smallest in the house and set to rearranging it for more space. Of course I decided to do this two hours before coming to work..you should have seen me moving all that furniture in that space..it was comical. I did it though and came up with a good arrangement and took some pieces out and substituted some shelving from elsewhere so I think he will be pleased. Then I called Care at work to have her help him re put things on shelves etc. And maybe not put so much back in there. I will go to Walmart after class to day to see if there isnt anything to add to the mix. When I called home to see if he liked it he said yeah but he had had a bad day at soccer...can't win for losing I guess. I hope its a stage because he sure is not a happy camper right now and he even admits he doesn't really know why.

Well no one said being a mom was easy..although I suppose being a 13 year old right now isn't too easy either.

2 komente:

Gigabyte Queen tha...

You're a great mom, Gretchen:) The troubled teen times pass... I'm sure my mom has a plethora of angsty teen stories about me, but now I can't go more than two days without talking to her. As we grow up, our mom's become more our best friends and less our room cleaners ;) xoxoxo

Kym in the Gym tha...

As that obnoxious saying goes "been there, done that"...I AM there (also) and DOING that (too)! Boys don't talk, you got that right...until eventually it all explodes. Then, they get it out in the open....at least until the next "issue" comes up. He will be fine...have him give Kyle a call...boys DO in fact talk to other boys! THAT I learned.