e enjte, 5 korrik 2007

The complaint dept. is open...

Hello, my name is Gretchen, what can I "not" help you with today because I am either incapable of entering that website (don't really have access to that), my fax and printer is down and I really wasn't prepared to teach you "first aid" when I came in today! Or would you like career and job advice because yours is crappy right now? Or you can't make up your mind whether to send your employees here for class or have a class at your establishment?

Yes I have been here for three hours and have accomplished all of the above! And of course given Ginny many phone calls to complain about the complaints and tell her I have done nothing of my own job..of course she has done nothing of hers either so we are in cahoots on that one. So that leaves us the wedding..her daughters which is NEXT week to talk about! Speaking of daughters....I am hoping to live thru the summer without an ulcer.

Now she has always been a great trustworthy kid..but at 19 (on the 11th) and of course without a beau, she is out more at night. In a car..her car...get the picture...
Now when she was in High school she went out with her friends but it was the Mall or movies or dinner, and they did not drink. College students drink. I do not have a problem with it unless it involves driving. When she is in DC I don't worry half as much, A. Because she is a responsible drinker, and B. She is either on foot, or on the Metro. Not so in rural Maine. We discuss incessantly believe me...and she assures me...but you know how that goes. Then of course there is the "little issue" that as a 19 year old in the good old US of A you can not drink legally. Now of course she just got back from Europe where every country is 18..many of her friends around here were abroad, or on the Maine Maritime cruise or whatever...its ridiculous what we make these young adults go through. Yes you can ...no you can't. Mothers against Drunk Drivers a worthy organization, got it all wrong on this one though. It has promoted instead a culture of binge drinking and poor alcohol awareness and use on campus. Kids have to hide and drink before they go to the pubs or clubs, so they overindulge..instead of being able to drink responsibly and perhaps with food and more slowly out in the open. And has it prevented teen deaths on the roadways? Not hardly..speed and teenage driving is still the #1 cause of teenage deaths on the highways. So there..my soap box for the day.

So yes, without the boyfriend, means more time "out" circulating and that means a car..so mom is worrying more this summer than ever! She is going to NYC next weekend and I am less worried about that then some night out in Blue Hill! We never stop worrying the causes just change!!

So I saw the doctor today..take more allergy meds, take some prilosec type med incase its gastric, apparenty there is some "mottling on my vocal chords" by the way that was a pleasant exam..not! And it may be my inhaler which has worked so well all these years...ugh! OK OK..
To be continued.

Have to go to class..Prof. is good this time around...project though..just what I don't need.

Complaint Dept is closed for the Day..ARC Girl.

Nuk ka komente: