e martë, 3 korrik 2007

Feeling better..

I think I have my voice back or almost. I was listening to myself talk today and realized it wasnt so bad..Don said last night the same thing..or that he had just gotten used to the scratchy one! Of course this week I finnally see the MD! I will go anyways, it was a long haul and I might need some allergy med adjustment or something. I think the cold thing might be disappating too. Seems as if its going around though so I don't feel so bad.

4th is tommorow and Ellsworth is packed with cars all trying to go somewhere..ugh. Kathi and Steve took a ride over to MDI to enjoy the day, called to ask about going to Northeast Harbor.
Can't say that would be a bad place to be today. I do have to make a few trips "home" each summer to see what new things they can "accessorize" the main street with for the enjoyment of the rich and richer. She asked which street was mine, I think she was going to try to drive by the house..that will shock her..for those of you who don't know, my family homestead now has a large fountain out in front and a glass english arboretum off the back with a stone lion guarding the top of a stone wall. Nothing too excessive mind you,.. next to the understated shingled cottages on each side of the house!

Speaking of that, the old home..the 30 year old unsolved murder of a young girl that happened when I was a teenager one summer was in the paper. Tyler and I were reading it..boy did that bring back memories. No one was ever murdered there, not like that any ways..young girl from away, body found in the Astique Azelea gardens and her dog just wandering the town. I guess they hope maybe after all these years someone may come forward with something new.

Have to attend my first grant class tonight. Oh..who puts a class on the night before the 4th?
In Maine? Some guy named Christo's that's who. I better stop my whining.
I want to take this and get it over with. So its now or never... or later...

A piece of advice I have always given my kids is that the written word will always follow you, and with the internet, there is no semblance of confidentiality ..just hit the wrong button..I know that.. on an email I sent to the wrong list from work one day! Where am I going with this..I read a blog recently, not one of my groups, that was bitter. It will stick with me instead of disappearing into blog land like the ones we all write daily..and although we may even discuss sad topics or a bad event, the time and space is used wisely, not to hurt someone else or another reader. Yes I would rather be an eternal optimist or live with one...

Happpy 4th everyone. ARC girl.

1 koment:

Gigabyte Queen tha...

Happy 4th ARC girl!!! The story about the girl being killed gave me some chills. Have a wonderful day off with your family... you know, after you finish grant writing when you should be doing a 'crawl' with friends or bbq with family! DARN that grant writing professor and his lack of party spirit.