e martë, 31 korrik 2007

Dog Days..

I am not a dog person so I can certainly see why they call these "dog days"! Now I do like the warm weather but its not conducive to work. I do not have AC and I work in an airplane hanger. The occasional breeze does float thru and there is a fan but you can't turn it on yourself or all your papers go flying so what is the point? I did finish a couple of things today so I can feel somewhat accomplished. I hate it when I get nothing done. Last night I even wrote most of my grant concept paper that is due on Tuesday so I will stay and type that later and email it off. Get it out of my hair..one more paper and that class is done. The prof. wrote me an email the other day to point out I had spelled his name wrong in an email in which I sent an assignment.
Now I might add his name is Christos Gianopoulos. I got one letter wrong I added a u onto the o at the end. Gianopoulous. Well he pointed out that in "Grant writing" that would be a big no no.
So probably 10 points off that paper! Ugh.

Have to go down to the radio station and record something about the Scholarship concert. That should be interesting. I told the station guy to write it up what he wants..hopefully I don't sound foolish. I plan on going to rehearsal tonight to see if anything else needs to be done before Thursdays concert. Caroline and Matt are rehearsing tonight.

So lets see what else..oh yeah on Saturday when it was really foggy I cut out some curtains, valances from some Laura Ashley chintz that I have had for 2 years and intending to use and by Sunday I had them all done! Bought some sheers at Wally world (my favorite store, not) for 4.88 a piece and now I have designer windows. Bought the chintz at a yard sale so these windows cost me next to nothing. In the meantime I spotted some great fabric in Mardens that was a little higher than usual (price) but I took a sample home and then bought some today to cover the foot stool and pillows in living room..a great coral and yell0w plaid that will go with all the other furniture. Seems like I am always tweaking that house...I love fabric, so I cant help it and then its an old house so something always has to be done anyways.

Well stay cool everyone..have an ice tea in the shade for me. ARC girl

Nuk ka komente: