e hënë, 9 korrik 2007

Summer where are you???

Come on...Its 61 and raining again....it has rained at least once a day since July 4th and the high has not gotten above 68 or 70 for days and days. I need heat. I need sunshine, I need to wear my shorts and sandals. No wonder I can't stop coughing and wheezing. My sis wants to cheer me up with Pina coladas but who wants them when its cool enough for hot tea!!
The internet says most of the country is dying from a heat wave send it on up I say!!! And soon!! We went to a porch party on Saturday night..It was freezing..the wind off the water..ugh!
Came home and watched a mundane movie and ate pizza with the kids.

So for those of you who don't visit ms. barboza's blog she has a link to what your body is worth, monetary wise, dead! i.e: body parts, cadaver,.. just click on my link to her blog and check out her latest entry where you will find the link...answer the questions and you will find out what you are worth dead! Now I came out at 4140.00 but she and Susan Simmons came out at more...age is definitely a factor! I could have tweaked a few questions but I think the age thing is really the kicker on that one.

Trying to clean up some loose ends, did my review for Ginny today. Office is fairly quiet.

Care has the day off. Ty and I went to Bangor yesterday so he could get soccer cleats for todays soccer camp. Naturally the only ones they had in his size were the ones that cost more. I can not keep him in shoes. A pair of cleats a year, several pairs of skate shoes,(these are the every day shoe as well as for skate boarding) then at least two pairs of basketball shoes, he ususually grows out of a pair during the season! a pair of cross trainers for running and tennis, and dress shoes. Oh I forgot then there's boots and snow board boots. This is the minimal amount for a year. And they are all huge..he wears a 12 now. The boxes are huge. The prices are huge.
Olympia sometimes has a two for one deal..that helps. Now they even have a rewards card..I should do pretty well on that thing.

Caroline of course has hundreds of shoes..all of which she buys herself. She finds them all over, and enjoys wearing the highest of heels and the funkiest or fanciest or boldest color or what ever, but she has been the same size for a decade and she can find designer shoes that may have cost over a hundred at Mardens for $3.oo ! She will change with each outfit, or on a whim all day long. Tyler wears one pair a day, at most two, if he has a specific sport that day, and he still costs more!

So not much going on as you can see when I start rambling on about shoes..I need some summer fun..Ginny needs sunshine and a nice day on Saturday..Come on..Summer already!!!!

4 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Ah yes....SHOES/SNEAKERS/CLEATS/BOOTS! I know that score all too well myself. Kyle is the same way...just today he mentioned hoping his football cleats still fit as he has some conditioning workout tomorrow and needs them for that. Told him to squeeze into them if possible for now...FYI he is in an 11!!!! What is it with the big boys feet in these two!!!
As for the summer...I am right there with ya...need the heat!!! At least I DO get the warmer temps here in the "city" though. Tomorrow will be bringing some major humidity I hear, and Wed. even more!!! Can't have it in the middle I guess...Coladas will cool us off in the humidity you know! ;)

deedeesu tha...

No way. I can beat this. Megs and I went to Deirdre Sue Wilson Shoe Warehouse last week (DSW, that is) and spent a gift card she got there (along with a lot of other lonely dollars just waiting to get spent). Meghan begged for a pair of $70 Steve Madden flats with ribbons sewn in from heel to toe. They're very cute. I let her use the gift card and pay me back for the rest. I don't know WHY... God knows I don't have a thing for shoes. ;) But then the next day, Anna (always the cynical, practical child) is surfing the Net for cheap prices on an iHome alarm clock she wants to buy with birthday money and on the Target site she comes across these Steve Madden knock-offs (Exhilaration is the brand name) and they're the same shoes. Exact same. $14.99. Meghan doesn't care. She's got the designer name. But I'm a tad sick to my stomach. When do you think these teenagers figure out that they can't always buy the designer brand, the Starbucks-a-day super mocha, nonfat, no whip latte? Yeesh.

Kym in the Gym tha...

They find that out when YOU stop doing it Deed!!! hahahahaha

Gretchen O'G tha...

Care figured out the price thing a long time ago...she made me send her a pink pair of knock off rain boots from Renys to DC, that rivaled a pair she saw in Georgetown for much much more..Megan needs an education from Caroline and Anna!