e enjte, 26 korrik 2007

Stop complaining people....

Ok I drove to Machias this afternoon..its hot today 90 something..almost a two hour drive plus the State -O- Maine in its infinite wisdom is using some of those road dollars we vote on every year to improve the roads...route 1 in the middle of July...brilliant!! I say we have a referendum on the dates for road improvements. The wait was exactly 1/2 a cd and several pages of the
Ellsworth American Newspaper! Kid you not. ONe lane. So I go to the meeting...no meeting.
No one can come...no one can inform anyone either...nice.

So I go back to the office to finish a Prospect list for grant writing class..don't ask. It took forever and I really thought "why am I doing this"??? I don't need this...my office does not have air conditioning but it does have several or should I say airplane hangar size wall windows. Toasty!

I come home and have to get Ty ready for a sailing overnight with the yacht club after soccer camp tommorow. So I call a parent whose kid went last year to ask about food and she is out..so I call another parent who is a nutrition nut...and she says..pack everything you would never give them at home! Soda chips hotdogs..hmmm (never? at home?) So I ask her about breakfast and she says more soda...
eewww..and something like glazed donut holes! OK ...So I say" do I put this in a cooler"...and she says "no! a cooler is definitely not cool" Huh?? "Paper bag" she says...I say "but how do they keep it all dry...she says "they don't care."..I say "my Diddy, (her nickname is Diddy) aren't we a little negative tonight...she says no "just realistic".. Ty told me to get pop-tarts and red hotdogs he should fit in just fine.
We are definitely not going to make Yacht club digest for most extravagant "kid cruise".

Tommorow is a trip in the other direction..Rockland for the morning. Disaster Mental Health people ..now that's an oxymoron..yep its hot and I am tired.
Hope they didn't find any projects for those big orange sleeper trucks (DOT) on the southern end of rte 1. I am not up for that tommorow. See ya..

Ps. Don says we are having red hot dogs for dinner tommorow just so we can say Tyler actually ate food that he gets at home on the trip...I don't do red hot dogs.

4 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Wow! And you call ME irreverent!!!
I am laughing my butt off here....
Oh, and by the way...RED HOT DOGS BLOW!!! Send him with Ball Park Franks or Fenway Franks...ANYTHING but those gross red things...they
CANNOT be good for you!!!!!

Miss. Barboza tha...

Red hot dogs are fine. I remeber when there was only one market where you could get them....They taste the same...if you close your eyes.

Unknown tha...

I'm so sorry about Machias! The meeting was scheduled. I can't believe no one called you to cancel! I think I'm going to have a conversation with Mike, if you haven't already. Anyway, we're back. Hope your weekend is quiet and relaxing.

deedeesu tha...

I LOVE red hot dogs. We call them snappy skins down here in the flat lands. They're awesome. Seriously, we love them! :)