e enjte, 28 qershor 2007

When Life gives you lemons...

Make Lemonade! It was a pretty good weekend, a nice outdoor concert at flye point, gardening on Sunday and then my bags were packed Monday morning to go to PI..the county, for ARC. The phone rang as I was going out the door. Jenns surgery had been changed and they were looking at possibly opening up her sternum to get some tissue for the biopsy. Kathi was a little frantic and were they doing the right thing. Yeah..like I should know as I am going out the door and almost didn't answer the phone. Long story short I ended up driving to Portland instead of Presque Isle where Jennifer had just gotten out of recovery. She had a chest tube, two IV's a TPA for dilaudid and assorted other attachments and devices. Her dx was no longer looking like Hodgkins a very treatable Lymphoma but rather NHL non hodgkins lymphoma, one of 30+ types that are alot more difficult to treat. Paul and I stayed with her thru the afternoon and then I went to get Emmy. The next day Kathi flew in and I had the kids, Jenn suffered thru her first post op day. and we all got to bed around midnight..long story about a guy in a car who escaped from a nursing home, who the family that had the Emmy and Nolan for the evening, almost hit on the way home from the Seadogs game!!!! Left Portland in the heat on Wednesday afternoon, and really haven't slept much in 48 hours.

I drove to Machias today with Ginny for a meeting, I think I was running on fumes. Thank heavens it didn't really require us to do much except politley listen. By the time I got home tonight I thought I would collapse I was so worn. Second wind came in around 8pm. So here I am up typing on this thing.

Caroline got talking to the Pharmacy guy on line tonight and said hey mom do you know where he lives..the house at the end of the Blueberry fields with the star on the mountain at Christmas.
I said really Care...ask him if he has a sister named Angela..she did..he does...she worked at the store for me one summer a few years back..small world. Ty went sailling today on a 420 at the yacht club, took Kyle with him as there aren't any formal lessons yet. No wind apparently but he had never taken out a 420 before..I think those are the boats the older kids will use this year. I know that is the inter club racing boat..if he does any of that.

Tommorow is the last day of Jazz camp..he says he is playing a solo during on of the pieces. All these years and he finnally volunteers for one. I guess he feels confident about his playing, which has been good for awhile. Can't wait to hear it.

So it has been a rather long..short week for me. Jennifer was discharged today and I am sure is glad to be home. Certainly not what we all expected, but lemonade can be sweet no matter how sour the lemons are...

Take care everybody. G.

1 koment:

Gigabyte Queen tha...

Your positive attitude is inspiring. I'm glad that during these awful circumstances, you and your family are able be together and take care of each other. I'm thinking of you!!! xoxo