e hënë, 11 qershor 2007

Sad note..

Although I thought I had this wonderful day ahead with no work and some chores around the house that I really wanted to do like some window boxes at the store..it didn't turn out so well.
Jennifer, Don's youngest sister was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma today. A bit of a shock to us all. She is a beautiful young and healthy mother of two, who happened to find a stray lymph node on her neck a few weeks ago. I had hoped this would be the furthest of all possibilities..

The Norweigan side of the family has literally all had some form of cancer and Elin, her mom, the kids grandmother's death still weighs very heavy on my family and myself. Jenn has a 90% cure rate which is of course excellent but she will have a heavy cocktail of chemo to go through. Red does not know yet, not until all the facts and treatment plan are complete.

One never knows what the next day brings, so I want to end this one and look forward to the next for everyone involved. IT will be a better day. Love you all.

2 komente:

deedeesu tha...

Oh Gretchen, that is such sad news. I feel sick to my stomach. I'm glad there's a good prognosis, but to think of Jennifer having to go through all that. Please, please, please give her my best. I'll be thinking of her.

Kym in the Gym tha...

Is that NON-Hodgkins lymphoma??? And is there a difference??? It was my understanding that the non version was less severe...but I could be wrong....either way that is horrible news. Damn....speechless...for once.
Sorry. She's tough and a survivor, and as hard as it will be, I think she will be ok...I just do. I am thinking of her as well..and Paul and the kids and Don and Kathi and Steve. Keep me posted.