e martë, 19 qershor 2007

Want something done?

Get a busy woman to do it! Last night I shopped and then went home and cooked a luncheon for the Sedgwick Elementary school staff of 21. They will be dining on some old Sedgwick Store favorites including: Rosemary Chicken Salad, I must have made 15 lbs of that! Tortolini basil pesto salad, Chopped greek salad, wild rice and cranberry salad, assorted breads (bought those) and fruit and Amy my infamous baker made a rhubarb and strawberry crisp. I cut some flowers from my garden this morning and finished off the last of the salads and delivered everything around 11:15 and set up the buffet. I am sure they will be pleased. The school board used to have me do the teacher luncheon when I owned the store, then the PTF took over the task. Last year the woman that did it did not put much thought into what she got. She then said she would organize it for this year and cancelled out on the original date two days before. As the "reluctant" chair of PTF this year it fell back on me. It was just easier to do the whole thing minus the dessert, I knew I could get Amy, and have PTF pay for the ingredients rather than farm out each item and hope the parents do it. Making that chicken salad by the "ton" last night reminded me of why I now work for someone else..Thank you!! I don't wish to be cooking like that again, everyday!

For clarification to my sibs on the turtle..yes, I "nicked" him so he landed on his backside, I did not kill him! And there were cars that had pulled off the road before I came upon him to help him..which is why I hit him instead of pulling off. He really almost caused quite an accident. The kids were upset I just kept going but considering everyone else there and the fact that I would not have hit him in the first place if they weren't causing such a traffic mess..I decided to leave him with his little legs in the air... the whole scene was ridiculous. I am sure PETA will be after me next!

Internet was down at work but it was the router system in the office, so the tech phone support people got me back on line but I can't print and the other computer will not go on line..too many wires for me..hopefully someone can straighten it out. Have a call into the Exec. for a computer repair request.

Volunteer meeting tonight in the office, should be a barrel of fun. I still do not have much of a voice. Have a call into the dr. again it is now almost 4 weeks, I am a little worried about my vocal chords, can they withstand laryngitis for this long? Especially where I do not have any pain I have no idea if I am doing any damage. Its not like I am a singer or anything but I really would like my own voice back.

By the way sibs, Mom is going to Italy in October, I think she was hinting around for me to go she kept saying there was still space left on the trip..I did not bite. If you are interested it is to
Luca and Florence and it sounds interesting. They are staying at some small villa or something with a woman who does cooking classes for the guests and does the evening meal. I did the mom trip to Ireland.. I don't want to spend vacation money on just me, especially when there is alot less of it ....thanks to George Washington University...like none...we are supposed to, maybe ,go to Norway next summer after Ty graduates. That and I wouldn't mind getting out of here in March or April next year, I hated not going anywhere warm this year. I am saving my pennies.

So cheers everyone..keep that smile on Hill, back to being busy for me!

1 koment:

Gigabyte Queen tha...

I'm worried about your voice. From the experience of my yucky month and a half of being sick... I want you to be better!!! :)
ALSO... your food sounds amazing. Seriously, I wish I had had a chance to visit your store. Maybe we need an ARC girls lunch made by the Ellsworth office... wine provided by the Bangor office...
Still smiling!!! xoxo