e martë, 13 mars 2007

Did I tell you I love my job...

Yep, even when that blasted heater overhead goes on and I can't hear myself think, I still love my job. I had the best time at the Dedham fire Dept last night. The chief made a roast pork dinner with roasted potatoes and salad and rolls and a special gravy. I got the grand tour of the place and got to talk for about 45 minutes about the Red Cross and disaster/emergency services. I have become quite comfortable talking about what we do and how we do it. I enjoy meeting so many people that will inevitably be working with us in the event of a disaster. I think alot of people in Hancock County are glad to put a face to the Red Cross. They know the organization is there but so many are not clear on exactly what and where we will be if they need us.

Suitcase Up date: I spent about 30 minutes on the phone to some national call center yesterday about 4:30 pm and they said the bag was in Portland..tell me something I don't know! BUT they could not get a hold of anyone to ship it out either!!!! Imagine that. They finnally said they would send an Urgent message what ever that means. This morning I got a call saying her bag was in Portland from the the Portland Baggage people..duh! I think its been there since Sunday.
They will ship it FEDEX today for arrival tommorow.

my desk computer will still not allow a post on any blog..go figure! Its really weird. Just the top
tool bar and ability to open a new post is not possible. I can comment read others and my account is still there.

Well back to those shelter survey renewals...all 800 million of them..just kidding No superdomes in Maine yet..although Presque Isle "thinks" they have one...ARC G.

3 komente:

Unknown tha...

Just seeing if I could post a comment to your blog. This is a test.

Unknown tha...

I can sign on as you from here and everything works. The plot thickens. A stupid question would be have you turned off the popup blocker. Yes, off course you did. Can you get to the settings page? Have you made www.blogspot.com a trusted site?

Gretchen O'G tha...

YES to all of the above!
I love how you worry about my blog!
I guess I can live if I can post every where else!! G.
Wait til you see it.