e enjte, 15 mars 2007

If you care to find me look to the western sky...

..for as someone told me lately everyone deserves a chance to fly. "Wicked" the musical.
(And the quote in Caroline's yearbook.) Possibly one of our favorite plays..unfortunately last night her old high school show choir "attempted" it and failed miserably. They have always been an award winning group of which she was a member for 4 years. It was very difficult to watch and when it was over she looked at me and said "don't say a word..nothing" until we get in the car! Sheesh! After talking to a few of her friends still in the group we finnally left and she starts in...not me...her...raving! I kept saying "Tyler who is doing the raving??" "notice who is raving here?" Today her only comment was it looked like middle school amateur hour. Yikes.
It was bad..They are taking this production to states and a national competition in Florida. I told her I would try to see it again in a week when they are putting it on with the one-act which I want to see because some of the kids she student directed for one-acts last year are in it. I don't t hink there is much they can do unless a complete overhaul is possible. Two out of three soloist should go! I don't know...

So after dissing the show she put the Wicked cd on in the car to get "their voices" out of her head and started to sing with the tape. Her voice is back to where it was when John was teaching her. Her range is bigger again with a really strong soprano tone and great breath support she gave me goose bumps in the car. I commented later about it and she said it was the GW teacher. She didnt totally care for her initially but now that she has her for 1 hour instead of 30 minutes she said its 100% better. After that terrible bout last year with bronchitis and pertussis that really took her voice and during auditions and competition times , even though she pulled it off, it was never what we knew it was previously her junior year.

Today was an EMA meeting on School emergency planning. What is up with school people? Huh ? I mean give me a break. Reality is you need to do this and you need to help out the first responders and you need to not be so darn negative about everything "you can't do" because you can do it and after something happens is just too darn late!! I heard too many whiny principals today..(women mostly). No we can't clean up the hallways, no we can't lock the doors,
no we cant look around the room.. Ok what can you do to help? I hope we don't have any school incidents while I am employed in this job it won't be pretty.

Ty's picture is in the Ellsworth American playing bb if anyone gets it! He's the good looking one!
Enough of my rambles for the day guess I will go check everyone elses...wonder if Ginny got any one to fix my blog at work...Now thats "Emergency Management"! ARC G.

Nuk ka komente: