e shtunë, 10 mars 2007

Not a good sign..

First of all yesterday afternoon when I tried to write on this thing at work on a brand new computer with high speed internet etc...I couldn't enter my own blog. I went through all the steps to make sure everything was "turned off and on" and it was...I don't know. Hillary was trying to get my computer to accept an ARC program and had to download and then get rid of several programs who knows what that did..I found I could still comment to everyone but not on my site! UGH. So without saying what a fun meeting we had yesterday only because we laugh too much I left for Portland mad that my computer wasn't working.

Caroline texts as I am driving and she hasn't left DC yet and is concerned about connection in NY. Not a good sign...
I text her back that it will probably be behind there..which it was and she made the flight but....
YES her luggage did not. They told us the next flight in the am would have it. We arrived for the 10am flight checked all the bags..no bag. Had breakfast at Pannera and then went to the Mall to check out Vera Bradley bags, she wanted one (Yeah, she has no clothes, no underwear, no toiletries but she has a nice bag!) and I told her it was an early easter gift.
Drove home hoping the airlines had called...no.
Called the airlines.. No bag had come in on 1:30 flight. NOt a good sign..
Got on this slower than death computer to try to get the US Air schedule..it took so long to download I could have driven to Ellsworth for high speed. Couldn't get the schedule.
Not a good sign...
So on a whim thought I would see if I could post from home on this thing..well what do you know things may be looking up in the world if ARC Girl can still access this blog. At least I have
a place to vent..slower than death place to vent but none the less..it works..nothing else is right now.
By the way have you ever checked the list of what they will NOT reimburse you for if your bag never comes.? EVERYTHING, seriously. No wonder all those obnoxious people try to take everything on board with them. I may have to become obnoxious in the near future. We'll let you know. NOt a good sign ...G.

2 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Glad Care got home...wondered if she was coming and if she had 2 weeks instead of 1 off.
As for your slower than death connection...try dial up! That's what I have here...STILL not up to speed with the 21st century...more like still not willing to dole out the cash to the phone company!!! Hope the luggage shows up soon...

deedeesu tha...

You needed my good fortune from the trip to Nashville last weekend. We got stuck in O'Hare in Chicago for six hours before giving up on United and heading across town to pick up a Southwest Air flight out of Midway. I figured I'd never see my luggage again (the United flight was canceled and we had no idea when and where our suitcases might show up). But... miracle of miracles, when we finally landed in Nashville, we took a trip down to United's baggage claim area. Just for the hell of it. And there was my bag, just sitting there waiting for me. I still can't figure it out. Hope Care gets her luggage too. And soon. I finally got my blog up. Click on deedeesu to see the first installment.