e enjte, 29 mars 2007

The Silent Miaow

The book by Paul Gallico..other wise known as "the manual for kittens, strays and homeless cats" one of my favorite books and his other book "The Abandoned" about a cat that eventually comes back in the life of a boy in a coma, all go into the weird feline mystique that draws cat people to certainty that these animals live on another plane. Well the cat in the SPCA is probably not TEVA after looking at pictures and talking to the kids, Teva had alot of white that this cat does not have, but this cat is" something" and we have decided to adopt him. He has the attitude and personality that makes me believe for some reason this was meant to be. He so convinced me he was mine it was uncanny! I am calling today to make arrangements and we will pick him up on Saturday. Work precludes anything earlier this week as I have a late class tonight and have to go to Rockland tommorow. Ty said we have to have him Mom and I agree.
We had all wanted some kittens but kittens will always get adopted this guy found us. The way I kept getting drawn to that place it was all too weird. Last night as I was driving home thinking about the cat and all this truck cuts out in front of me and I was so mad and on his back window was a brand new Hancock County SPCA bumper sticker..I have never even seen one before. Jeez. I get the hint..Gretchen

2 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

I have tears in my eyes after reading this..not sure if it is just because, being a cat person myself, this touched me, or if I am sad that this may(?) not be your Teva.
Nevertheless, I am happy about your decision, and that Tyler sees the significance of this all as much as you two do. Congratulations on your new family member! I am sure he is going to a loving home!

Kimmie

deedeesu tha...

Excellent! :) Sibling #2 also approves.