e martë, 6 mars 2007

There should be a law..

2 yes TWO degrees and that is the temperature with OUT wind chill on March 6th! Give me a break. I hate this!! We need a law against this. I actually even wore a skirt yesterday! won't be seeing my legs today!!
My mother called while I was having my coffee and reading the paper and said "whats (emphasis on the Whats!) going on? I said I don't know..what? She said well there are fire engines across the street and down the street and I just can't tell if its Bill's or Buckinghams or further around the corner. I rushed to put on a pair of shoes stayed on the phone and told her I was going outside to look down at the corner. Well two steps outside and several swear words came out of my mouth! That was when I could breathe again. The wind took my breath away and the cold was unbelievable. Enough of that...I couldn't see any trucks and told her Bill probably thought he might have a chimney fire..they were starting to pull away as I said so.
So no fires in Sedgwick. This is not the day for one! Except of course in a fireplace.

WEll the boy wants to go to the concert in Montreal. So looks like we will take a couple days off for his April break and go to Canada. Haven't been to that city that I can remember. There is an entire underground portion of the city that is supposed to be pretty cool. I think its actually a shorter drive than Quebec city by the map, but not by much probably as you go west. Ty's passport expires on March 12, (Care's new one just came after 2 months waiting)..so we will never get one in time, but I think you can still drive across without one until 2008. I know they plan to pass a law that says 16 and under with parents with passports only need birthcertificates so that is what we will have with us ..terrorists that we are. Plus we will bring the expired one.
I will check the government websites to be certain though. Otherwise I am going to be paying for a rush passport and those are expensive.

Super Sib #2 is attempting to start her blog...looking forward to that. She is the real writer in the family the rest of us only pretend..So get on with it!! ARC girlsigning off.. going back to worK my boss reads this and she knows how good I am with technology...Hi Ginny!

3 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Not sure you read my comment to my own blog...was thinking it would forward to you...probably not...this is still all new to me.
The bands were 30 Seconds to Mars, The Used, Census Fail and some others...either way, I didn't agree with it either!
Here is a thought...no pressure mind you either way. If you could get ahold of a couple more tickets and would consider a dual family excursion to Montreal, we have no plans as of yet for April break...a thought anyhow, but either way it is fine...might be fun. Ken and I went one summer-it is pretty there, in some areas.

Kym in the Gym tha...

Oh...and as for this weather...in the words of the great comedian Bob Marley, "THIS WEATHER IS
F#!*ING BULL$&*!" I hate it too!

Gretchen O'G tha...

Hi only got tickets for the three of us..we are not sure of when we are going and coming back because of work schedules etc. G