e enjte, 1 mars 2007

extra long weekend

Sooo..I started this thing I guess I better post! I actually wanted to but then the internet was down in the office on Tuesday which gets me to the title X-tra long weekend! Meaning spending quality time with American travelers in the airports across the North East. Yuh!!

Washington DC visit was excellent! Met Caroline at the theater dept and we walked back to Mitchell Hall, talked with the girls "Mitch Bitches" and then headed for Georgetown to an Italian Restaurant she and Brandon ate at the weekend before. John and David refused to let me take the metro back to Alexandria and I had curbside service back to Johns. John has a beautiful townhouse he is painstakingly decorating. David says only 5 people have probably slept in the guest room.
Saturday Care had to get some material for a costume class and instead of going to a Joann fabrics we opted to go to a fabric store downtown which was a treat. GORGEOUS fabrics, it was unreal. Cashmeres, camel hairs, mohairs, beaded fabrics couture fabrics everything. She bought some madras for a skirt she will make during break as well as some cute nautical fabric for her class. I picked up a coral upolstery fabric for pillows and to perhaps cover the footstool.

Saturday night the guys took us to the Peking Garden Inn, George and Barbara Bushes favorite chinese restaurant. It was in a strip mall which was a little surprising but the line was out the door. Once you were inside the place was cavernous. John and David frequent the place often, and the waiter was gay, so we were treated very very well. At one point there seemed to be an extra Mai tai on the table that David said they had brought by mistake...which he promptly gave to my underage daughter. I guess I was dumb enough to believe that one for a minute. The food was the best. Peking duck carved at the table..dumplings to die for. It really was something. We left full and with left overs which on Sunday they sent back with Caroline to the dorm.

Sunday Morning it was snowing very heavy and wet, long story short the plane sat on the runway, and when they let me off I went back to Alexandria where they were expecting me for another night! After a long long day monday I made it home and went straight to bed. Actually felt terrible. The weekend and seeing Care was great though. I miss not having a girl at home. She seemed much more settled and comfortable and she said so. She certainly charmed David and John (if a female can charm two gay guys) and they want her back any time!! It was a great winter escape.

Nuk ka komente: