e mërkurë, 28 mars 2007

Nine Lives

Well this one will blow most of you away who havent heard it yet. The ARC staff heard it earlier today. I stopped at the new Hancock County SPCA to see if they had any kittens, and to see the cats they did have. I had seen a picture of a black one that wasn't that old in the paper that looked kind of cute. No kittens, but we went in a room to see Sophie an 11 month old cat who liked to bite and scratc a little too much for my pleasure! The woman worker and I got into a discussion on how we had lost 2 cats in a matter of 10 months that just were not that old. She then said kitten season was coming up but that they would be screening carefully. The only other cats in the shelter were two older cats from one family, that could not keep them and a male tiger declawed front paws around 5 years old. They didn't know what his story was but he had been brought in by animal control literally when they opened and no one seemed to be looking for him even though he was declawed which was unusual. I asked to see him. I was stunned, they said he bit alot but he seemed calm as I put my hand to his cage. He was big but not heavy, I asked them to bring him out and he got on the desk and rubbed all over me. I am pretty sure its TEVA! He then layed on the desk like he would have at the store I was struck by the pose. I told the manager and the woman the story and asked if they knew where in Hancock county he came from. They had no record. I had seen an ad for this cat in their ad a week ago but even though the description was intriquing for a male with declawing the cat did not look like either of my males. It was a lousy picture, but in person was totally different. I called Don as soon as I got out of there..I am going to go home and get pictures together and then call them tommorow. Could I ever be truly sure..I don't know but somehow the stars lined up this way today and I have to go with it. We shall see. Gretchen

1 koment:

Kym in the Gym tha...

Oh my God!!! You HAVE to go get this cat...trust me on this. I believed that Deed would get Audrey back, and she did...I picked out a perfect kittie for you with Heather, did I not(?) I have a feelings for this cat thing.