e martë, 20 mars 2007

Isn't technology grand?

I am typing this on my co-workers computer which is several years older than my brand new one but I can n0 longer post on it...today it would not allow me to read and print a cd rom for a class I have to teach on Thursday ..Thank you. Not that it mattered because the printer I used is now almost out of toner and will be soon. And before I came to work my debit card which has been working erratically since they changed the numbers due to the TJ MAXX thing didn't work again..UGH. I guess can't complain though because the computer I had before this did not even work at all! And the bank says not to worry ..right!

I think all this technology stuff is supposed to make our lives easier, but when everything you have to do depends on your computer working it makes it so much harder to get the job done..
then my frustration level goes way up. Right now I reallly need to be putting cases into the ARC system, program isn't letting me enter info, putting this class together..cd rom not working..printing out shelter letters..toner almost out..and I can't even post this blog without using Corinna's machine.

So what else..my new couch needs to come, I need something spring in my life and I have decided that yellow couch will do it..then I can make pillows and stuff. I might get motivated to paint and spring clean even. We have to start clearing out the store..mom's stuff is going to the dump.
What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Of course I will save anything of value but if its not in that new apartment now she doesn't need it!! She thinks some of this stuff is yard sale worthy..NOT! We may have a rental for the summer more on that later if it works out! I'd rather sell the place but someone to pay the mortgage and make it look saleable is fine.

Think Spring..think Gretchen's couch...pray for Gretchens computer...ARC Girl

2 komente:

Kym in the Gym tha...

OMG, you are so funny! Ok, I will pray for your couch to come...cannot wait to see it in its pretty yellow and blue flowers!
It was a nice choice.
Funny about Mom's stuff....and I do hope you can rent the apartment or even the store out, I am sure that would help.
As for the TJMaxx credit card thing, I got a letter from my credit union, AND a new PIN number for my new card....which hasn't even come yet...been over a month since the PIN number came! I keep mentioning it, and they said they are hopefully gonna get caught up in a week and a half! Okey dokey...as long as I don't have any crazy spending going on, I guess that will be ok.
Gonna be over 50 degrees here by the end of the week...Wahoo! FYI, I refused...REFUSED I SAY, to shovel or snow/slush blow my drive way this past weekend...drove over the slush and when it solidified to ice the next day, FOUR WHEEL DROVE over it...and today, most of it was gone! Saved some gasoline in the process! Yippee Skippee!

deedeesu tha...

ahem... I opted not to replace my couch. I got a slip cover. It galled me to do it, too, because I remember Mom's lame couch slipcovers. But this one that I got is a Surefit and it really FITS! It's a red wine damask and there's a separate cover for the long single seat cushion. It looks fab in my living room. Super Sib #2 has seen it and liked it. I consider myself rather economically sound for doing this, by the way... even though I would much rather have just bought a new couch. So I'll pray for yours to show up. Sib #2 described it to me and it sounds lovely.